What do you guys think about this?

"You cannot run a VC game off of the SD card. The game has to be on the Wii hard memory."

Yes at this time (19/04/07) that is correct there is no way of playing VC Games off the SD Card

However - a mod chip update or a very clever person will find away - if PSP firmware can be cracked so can VC Game system locking

Why not stoe the encryption key on the internal memory and the rest of the game on the SD card. As long as the SD card is fast enough there should be no issues playing it from there.

I know they need copy protection but, as I am lazy I would like to purchase a huge catalog and have them always available.

I have stopped purchasing VC games due to the 50hz issue, which runs games slowly, and means I have to unplug my component cable to play any SNES, NES and MegaDrive games.

Hopefully they will sort out the issues before the VC fills up.

stranger said:
nope, the sd card only holds the game save, if you could download the whole game onto the card(which would be to small for the file size of most games) then ppl would illegally trade games, but i think they should make each system on the vc a folder on the wii menu, so N64,NES, Genesis etc. would all have their own channel you access to play your games on that console, thats my idea, i think it would work great that way, and each folder wouldnt have a limited number of slots, as many as you want that can fit on your internal memory could be stored
I have never saved a game to a SD card before, but as far as I know, it does copy the whole game, but there is a key on the Wii that lets the game work, if the game on that SD card is ran on a different Wii, the key does not match and does not allow the game to play, but if the other Wii has the game installed on it, the game save in the game will work, but I think that if you were to save a game to the memory card and delete it from the Wii system memory, you can copy the game back from the SD card, right?

I think they should be a channel for each console, so 5 channels for vc, more organized, and faster to find the game you are looking for, I think. I know that in a year, people will have over 150 games to download.

Back