What do you guys think of this PC for gaming

T3kNi9e

Conquistador
Dec 1, 2007
Augusta, GA
It's not perfect obviously, but im not trying to spend TOO much. I figure this is pretty good for now and i'll buy a Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS later as this seems to be the video card that alot of people recommend as being good and fair on price.

So what do you guys think of this PC, so far all the reviews I have seen are all 5 stars. The only con I saw was someone saying the PSU was too weak. What effect does a weak PSU have?

I got it mainly for StarCraft 2 and Diablo 3, but i'll probably try other games. I'm pretty damn sure that if the new updated Mac Mini can run CoD4 at 35 fps that this PC should be able to handle it with no problem and anything valve makes. But am I right... because ive been disappointed when it comes to gaming on PC's many times before.

Edit: Forgot link :p Here it is:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...=01&srccode=cii_5766179&cpncode=24-33243117-2

I just got a NVIDIA Geforce 9400 GT made by EVGA for my computer for $50 on Amazon. I highly recommend this card. I'm able to play Crysis at a playable frame rate on high settings, meaning it can max out just about anything else, and costs less than cards that are way worse. This card kicks butt.

But I read that card was a decent replacement for integrated for it's price, but is not very good for dedicated gaming.

Edit: I found this XFX GeForce 8800 GTS for $119.99, out of 83 reviews 98% gave it 5/5. You can also put it into SLi mode for extra power.

Only con seems to be making sure the card can fit because they say it's pretty big.

Last edited:
How can I find out if my PC is compatible with XP? Because some computers are not able to downgrade.

Also, I bought the PC today and I am very happy with it. I have done nothing to it and it's able to run Left 4 Dead at a very good framerate with the recommended settings. The graphics are like, better than Xbox original yet not as good as the 360. Some technical things are on med and something is on Low while another is on High. When I put everything on max the framerate drops, yet im still able to tell what's going on and play (but I don't want to play like that).

So I can tell that once I pop in the video card everything will be perfect. Especially since all I really want to play is Diablo 3 and StarCraft II. That and I now have like 640gigs to store all my movies and music.

Last edited:
How can I find out if my PC is compatible with XP? Because some computers are not able to downgrade.

Send the company a e-mail and ask them.

it doesnt seem to say anything on their website so im not sure if it can be clocked back or not.

You might have to change out the power supply when you upgrade the graphics card. The specs for the system state it is a 300w PS. Most higher end graphics cards call for a minimum 400w PS, with 450 or 500w being standard for gaming machines. What might happen without a larger PS is either the card will simply refuse to work, or it may crash the system while running intensive graphics (you might overload the PS and cause the overload protection to trip). It might possibly be ok with the 300w PS, since it sounds like the mobo is completely integrated, so your not powering extra cards or running multiple HD's, but still be prepared to change the PS regardless. Even if the 300w can drive it, it may cause the PS to run very hot.

Yea I found out it can blow your PSU, which is basically what you're saying. But I would think they have some kind of trip like you said. But yeah, im planning on buying atleast a 600w, because i'll want to use two Geforce 8800 GTS in SLi which requires 600w with 2 6-pin supplementary power connector.

I just got a NVIDIA Geforce 9400 GT made by EVGA for my computer for $50 on Amazon. I highly recommend this card. I'm able to play Crysis at a playable frame rate on high settings, meaning it can max out just about anything else, and costs less than cards that are way worse. This card kicks butt.

What are the specs on your PC aside from the GPU since you already said it. Because I just went ahead and ordered this VCard to hold me over until my next big financial aid check since im in no rush to go maxing out.

I got my bro to order himself a Geforce 9800 GTX+ which is basically the 8800 GTS with a few extra features. He also got a 750w corsair PSU. I went the budget road for now and spent $100 for the VCard and a PSU that has 630w. Then i'll get the better stuff when I get my next $1000 check.

Back