What do you think would make the best FPS controls on Wii?

Haywire

WiiChat Member
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Me I think the nunchuck should move you forward / back and turn you left and right so it gives free range to the wiiremote to aim at anything on the screen without changing your chacters direction. Simple map a strafe button to Z that you can hold down to make you strafe with the nunchuck controller.

Instead of mapping strafe to the Z button, how about tilting the nunchuck left and right to strafe like in those SSX Blur videos.

re4wii.jpg

wii_gun.jpg

zapper1.jpg

i'm a fan of the gun attachment above...

only i believe it shouldn't be pistol form but rifle.. with directonal pad in the muzzle casing to use for zoom... kinda like this mockup...

e3-2006-light-gun-shell-revealed-20060510113939213.jpg

that or the same thing as red steele but use the directional pad to zoom in and out.. pushing the wiimote forward is retarded. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'd think they should make FPS controls as close to computer&mouse as possible, meaning that the nunchuk joystick would be the WASD movement (also strafing), and the nunchuk would act like a mouse where it's always centered, so anywhere you point with the remote, the cursor would always be in the center, and the screen moves, much like any computer FPS game like CS. No unnecessary button pushing for strafing and other simple functions - I can't stand that.

San Dimas COD3 is like that at it its hard the crosshair stay in themiddle but u look aorund with the wiiote and its hard but thats just an option u can ahve 2 ways of aiming the other one is the crosshair doesnt stay in the middle that one is easier and funner

I wonder if it could fully take over the Nunchuck though

Definitely PC-like. There is a reason why PC is running the show in FPS genre.

So, the analog stick on the Nunchuk would be runnning forward/backward and strafe while the Wiimote itself would be used for aiming and turning, with the crosshair fixed on the center.
B button would of course be fire while A could be reload. C and Z on the Nunchuk could very well be jump / crouch while tilting the Nunchuk could do lean left/right (like to peek around corners and such). Thrusting the Nunchuk forward could be use/activate just in Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

I also support alternate control schemes of course, so that everybody can play to his/her liking. But this one above is a must imo.

And so the dream of a feasible FPS on a console may come true :) (If there are any Halo-fanboys here, sorry guys but Halo ain't worth 2 cents when compared to what we've been going on the PC for a decade..)

dude, the best scheme would be:

Nunchuck- Joy stick moves your forward and turns you left and right while strafing works by tilting the nunchuck. Melee attacks performed by thrusting the nunchuck

Wii remote- Aim and BLAST some mo-fo's

Back