What happened to arcades?

Nice try brendo, but those suck and are tiny, made for kids. There is also "peter piper pizza" with the same business plan.

Obviously it's because consoles are cheaper than arcades...
#1 reason I'm going to Japan when I get my engineering degree.

The new trend for arcades is to piggy back on something else ala Dave and Busters. (Bar, Pool tables, etc.) And you have to purchase a swipe card. That's the worst, because then you realize know how much you're spending.

Most good arcade games find their way on to consoles anyway, apart from Mario Kart GP it seems.

Apart from the Time Crisis series (EPIC!) my favourite arcade game was that crazy one with the bike macheine where you had to pedal so that you could fly through balloons. I got so good at that game.

yeh arcades are awesome. totally original games like pac man are just great to play on. i love arcades!:thumbsup:

Xandermiere said:
Most good arcade games find their way on to consoles anyway, apart from Mario Kart GP it seems.

Apart from the Time Crisis series (EPIC!) my favourite arcade game was that crazy one with the bike macheine where you had to pedal so that you could fly through balloons. I got so good at that game.

Wheres my fighting mania
Damn it I could have bought it by now

Also Alien vs predators

i forgot to add chuckie cheeses to the list

we got A LOT of them on long island atleat one within every 5 town radius!

The_Loose_Cannon said:
i forgot to add chuckie cheeses to the list

we got A LOT of them on long island atleat one within every 5 town radius!

are the games over there still a quarter?

Meh, more like $.50 or $1.00 :yikes: I can't believe you've never heard of a friggen chuck 'e' cheese. :lol:

Brawny said:
Meh, more like $.50 or $1.00 :yikes: I can't believe you've never heard of a friggen chuck 'e' cheese. :lol:

i was asking tlc if the arcade machines at chuck 'e' cheese in her neck of the woods is just a quarter.
have i heard of it? of course! :rolleyes:
i use to go there when i was a kid
i just took my son there last year and all the games were a token ($0.25)

wow, that's crazy. Sorry I misread that.

When my niece went, everything was 3 tokens..... I gotta protractor!!!!!!!!

and a
bouncy ball

Arcades are fun, but I think it's ridiculous to make a game cost 1 dollar or 4 tokens to play :|. My arcade needs better games -_-.

1 British Pound = 1.98 US Dollars.

Our £1 per play = Much deerer than yours.

I'd be made up for half price, really >_>

Deepends what arcade you go to

Theres one in Rhyl (wales) none are a quid
And it feals like a true arcade

Londons big "arse arcade" is the place to look
Where its a pound for a can of coke

Back