What is Nintendo gona make Next? (console)

[DT] said:
For their next machine (*not* an upgrade on the [current] Wii)I would suspect the tech to generate HD spec output will be so cheap that it will be ubiquitous for consumer grade electronics including videogames.

Assuming this machine comes out in, what? Say 5 years? HD Media will be much more prevalent (vs. the tiny spec in the marketplace it is now), HD spec TV's will be saturating the home, nearly every bit of content will be delivered in HD (right now nearly everything we get on D* is HD). I figure in 4 or 5 years a new console without HD would be like a console coming out using *cartridges* vs. optical media! :lol:
Nintendo..I think..will not go HD, why, because Nintendo uses its capacity and memory for gameplay not visuals..Nintendo thinks its dumb to make shitty game with shitty gameplay but insane visuals hence 360 and ps3

blankconnection said:
hi-def..little improvement in graphics..make up your mind..sorry to put you on the spot..Nintendo will not go hi-def

They'll have to eventually. It's predicted by the year 2010 that HD will almost become a requirement for all hardware you can attach to it. And if Nintendo stays to the pattern of completely new consoles (Not a ds lite like Wii lite) the next nintendo home console will be out in 2011.

So, yeah, I'd expect some of the later wiis to include HD.

blankconnection said:
Nintendo..I think..will not go HD, why, because Nintendo uses its capacity and memory for gameplay not visuals..Nintendo thinks its dumb to make shitty game with shitty gameplay but insane visuals hence 360 and ps3

Oh I agree about the gameplay, but I also think Nintendo had a design target that factored in price. (i.e., I don't believe they skipped HD because it would dilute the "gameplay factor"). In 4-5 years when/if the Wii is replaced, I'm saying they can easily do HD +and+ have outstanding gameplay mechanics +and+ keep the pricepoint low (and probably triple the poly counts, quadruple the memory, etc., etc.)

~DT

Back