Next Nintendo Console

Beacuse I want psp for ratchet and clank but i love the feel and touchy-ness of the DS lite... I think i'll go DS lite, more afordable

Idk maybe they will just keep updating the Wii, or possibly a Wii2 with extended memory & graphics. Who knows

search button theres already 100 threads about the next wii, the nintendo on, the next ds, etc.

this thread sucks

My belief is that the next major step is Thought Controlled Gaming.

I think Nintendo will do that with it's next console, in about 6-7 years.

As for the next hand held, there's some decent rumors of an even slimmer version of the DS comming in a couple years (With the loss of the GBA port). Don't expect to see an actual new hand held till around 2015. I could be wrong, but really, they didn't make any upgrades beyond graphics to the Game Boy until the GBA, so I doubt they will move on from the DS for quite a while.

Note, here's my Nostradamus moment. Wii is this generation, the Wii's successor is the next generation. I think that the generation AFTER THAT will be full immersion mental interface gaming. To get an idea of what I mean, think about net running from Gibson's Neuromancer series of books, or the neural implant computers from Peter F. Hamilton's Night's Dawn Trilogy.
In essence, an interface and processor system is implanted into the brain, with access sockets behind the ears, allowing you to perpetually access the system, and experience full sensory immersion into both prerecorded and interactive media. It's all in your head, but you see and hear and feel everything like it's real. Or, you know, toned down as appropriate, because you don't REALLY want to feel it when you stumble into the lava pool.
Anyway, That's what I expect to see, by 2020.

Pretty sure nintendo is afraid to do anything virtual since the Virtual boy flop. Could be wrong. Things do change. But how about some voice recognition commands?

arogeek said:
or..............................................

medium_game_boy_evolution_mockup.jpg

i think they are actualy making this next one..........

Nintendo_On.jpg
I hope this is real it looks gr8

SensesFail said:
search button theres already 100 threads about the next wii, the nintendo on, the next ds, etc.

this thread sucks

That must be what she said OOOH!

sorabrawl said:
I hope this is real it looks gr8

to tell ya the truth... i hope they dont do virtual, its comlicated enough... would be cool but I dont really think they're ready...

Back