What SSB character is the All Time BEST

gamerdude247 said:
iRAWR how can snake be the all time best if you haven't even played the game yet, don't know his moves, controls?:sick: ALL TIME BEST, this is snakes first appearance in an ssb game?
oh well,i still like him even though i never played him and BTW i dont even think theres an all time best character, cuz each character has there own strengths and weaknesses...or not

which characters are going to be new? seeing as i never played before, most people are probably going to have their characters already, and will be good with them. if i pick an old character i'll have a huge disadvantage against these people...

Well from what I've heard, all the pros use Marth. There are two other characters they favor, but I forgot who they are.

I usually switch favorite characters. For a long time, it was Roy. I'll put 'em in order of when I used them.
Kirby, Ness, Marth, Roy, Jigglypuff (Yes, I used to use Jigglypuff for a little while, 'cause of her deadly Down-B attack.), Samus. Then my copy of SSBB broke. >.<

callme.nasty said:
which characters are going to be new? seeing as i never played before, most people are probably going to have their characters already, and will be good with them. if i pick an old character i'll have a huge disadvantage against these people...
try picking up a copy of super smash melee and get a feel for it cuz its still a great game. cuz you are right you will get whipped messin wit folks that are pretty much already pros i mean even though this game isnt released yet im sure the controls are gona be pretty close {not including wiimote and chuk} it wont take long for us to get the feel of it. as for my favs i usually pick a character folks usually dont pick #1 ness. bowser, dr mario, falco, you cant mess wit ness.

Last edited:
Shoko said:
all time best in what? playability? skill? if ur talking about how good they are in terms of which one kicks-ass the best, u can really say, cause all the charcters are equal (except pichu) for example, my friend chooses Fox, (and everybody loves Fox), and i would choose pikachu or roy or zelda and even DK and still beat him

hahahahhahaha sorry you think all the characters are equal except pichu..... and your evidence for that is that fact that you beat your friend when hes playing fox? just think about it, that doesn't prove anything. and SSBM characters are certainly not all balanced. Here's the tier list for the PAL version:

Sheik
Falco
Fox
Marth
Peach

Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Samus
Jigglypuff
Dr. Mario
Ganondorf
Mario

Luigi
Link
Yoshi
Roy
Donkey Kong
Pikachu

Young Link
Mr. Game & Watch
Zelda
Ness
Bowser
Kirby
Pichu
Mewtwo

I would have to go with Pikachu or Mario on this one.

Back