Whats with Nintendo?

Do you have any idea how much they are at now? If the Wii gets up to 3-4 million units a month they will sell 50 million Wii's by the end of 2008! That's half of what the PS2 did in 6 years. That's insane! Reggie said Nintendo will continue to add in more plants in 2008 and raise the production even higher.

IwantWii said:
how come they are having such a hard time producing Wii's for us americans?
I know its probably a stupid question but no one i have talked to knows why Nintendo cant make them fast enough.
:mad2:

They've simply reached their maximum manufacturing capacity.

I had only tried two times trying to get a Wii and lucked out on my second try. What I did was wait for the weekly ads to come out on Sunday morning showing Wiis on sale. I call up and ask if they have any left. First time Best Buy didn't have any left (called Sunday afternoon). Second time on another Sunday, Circuit City had some left (called in the morning). They wouldn't tell me how many they had left so I got my card, jumped in my car, and picked one up at about noon Sunday. (This was around October '07.) Keep and eye on the ads (can be done on line) Sunday morning, when you see Wiis on sale, call up to be sure of supply, and head on down the store.

^^
That's sacrilege.
Listen, it's impossible for anyone to get a Wii right now b/c as soon as some store gets one, some old lady snaps it up 4 her grandson, so...

ashameashame

what are u talking about steeler dude?have u read the guidlines to this site?stick to the topic. help him find a way to get a wii. and with that even said this is wii chat online not ps3chatonline.and i dont hate ps3 its just that this is a wii fan site.

it's always sold out here in Australia u have to order it and even then it takes a long time

I Want A Wii my recommendation would be to simply give up on getting the wii. I know it may sound pretty harsh telling you this but even I can't get a wii becuase:
1) $250 is just too much for my parents when it only cost $15-$30 to make one wii.

2) its never available and my dad is not willing to give a night's sleep to stay up all night for a wii.

3) stores are abusing the demand by forcing the customers to buy it in bundles and not selling enough wii's that aren't in bundles.

4) it just wont be worth it if you dont have a wide variety of games you like.

I know you may think thats biased but trust me its not my friend its just how I feel about the situation. Im not buying the wii and my parents said there never, ever buying one so im not even sure if I will be able to get the next console that is if by the time im in college I dont lose the love for nintendo. Im trying to go 360 seeing as it is a better system with far more games and a better variety, with few but rare crappy games, excellent ghraphics, good gameplay, great online service even if I have to $50 a year which I feel is worth the money, and is just more available at a more steadier rate. so just give up on the wii and move on because by the time the demand goes down and maybe the third or forth year of the wii's cycle and its not worth to buy a console after half of its life cycle.

It costs over $175 to make a wii. I'm not sure where you got your info, but...well, it's wrong.

MRCOOLGH said:
I Want A Wii my recommendation would be to simply give up on getting the wii. I know it may sound pretty harsh telling you this but even I can't get a wii becuase:
1) $250 is just too much for my parents when it only cost $15-$30 to make one wii.

2) its never available and my dad is not willing to give a night's sleep to stay up all night for a wii.

3) stores are abusing the demand by forcing the customers to buy it in bundles and not selling enough wii's that aren't in bundles.

4) it just wont be worth it if you dont have a wide variety of games you like.

I know you may think thats biased but trust me its not my friend its just how I feel about the situation. Im not buying the wii and my parents said there never, ever buying one so im not even sure if I will be able to get the next console that is if by the time im in college I dont lose the love for nintendo. Im trying to go 360 seeing as it is a better system with far more games and a better variety, with few but rare crappy games, excellent ghraphics, good gameplay, great online service even if I have to $50 a year which I feel is worth the money, and is just more available at a more steadier rate. so just give up on the wii and move on because by the time the demand goes down and maybe the third or forth year of the wii's cycle and its not worth to buy a console after half of its life cycle.

Can the same thing be said about the 360?

nic7 said:
It costs over $175 to make a wii. I'm not sure where you got your info, but...well, it's wrong.

I wouldn't say that he's wrong but I would ask him to provide proof of his assertions.

Last edited:
Back