Where are all the mulitiplayer shooters??!

jmayer88

WiiChat Member
Sep 24, 2007
One would think that FPS + Wii would be a natural fit but there is such a small offering of games its sad, while Xbox360 and PS3 are bombarded with them

somebody needs to make a multiplayer (local and online) shooter - its a guaranteed winner if you get good controls and good online

all i see possibly on the horizon is Red Steel 2, which could be good with fixed controller issues and online play

Nintendo needs an answer to Halo (Metroid does not count since thats a FPA, not a FPS)

MOH Heroes 2 has 32 player online multiplayer and reportedly great controls. No offline multi but its a good start.

Now that MP3 has shown how FPS controls should be done hopefully it won't be long until theres some really great multiplayer shooters on the Wii.

Personally i never thought much of Halo, though i never played multiplayer on it. I guess it was good for a console game but not that outstanding as FPS's go.

jmayer88 said:
One would think that FPS + Wii would be a natural fit but there is such a small offering of games its sad, while Xbox360 and PS3 are bombarded with them
this is exactly what i thought. i think it would take FPS games to the next level, which will make wii even more popular(if that is even possible). the wii zapper is on its way so you never know maybe companies will be interested and inspired to make some hardcore fps for the wii

jmayer88 said:

somebody needs to make a multiplayer (local and online) shooter - its a guaranteed winner if you get good controls and good online

all i see possibly on the horizon is Red Steel 2, which could be good with fixed controller issues and online play

Nintendo needs an answer to Halo (Metroid does not count since thats a FPA, not a FPS)

Metroid still is kinda more of an adventure/shooter.

But Red Steel 2 should be okay if they work out all the kinks in the first one.
And if 2 is good, then I do not see why there should not be more First Person Shooters on the Wii.

they haven't even annonced when Red Steel 2 is coming out. We need some games this year, but so far other than Moh there is nothing.

I agree nothing can match the intensity of having a gun fight with a friend and popping a headshot with your pistol by pointing at the dude's face rather than moving your joystick. I also think a hyper-realistic sniper game, (like Sniper Elite but less sneaking around with your silenced pistol) would be sick.

But yeah I haven't played Corruption yet but the Wii fans as well as the people who complain about Wii controls a lot, Gamespot for example, all agree that the controls are a perfect fit. So there is a hope for a sick shooter in the next year or so, since they just have to clone the Metroid Controls.

all we really need is 1 good one, and we're getting two awesome ones:

Medal of Honor Heroes 2 (EA Canada, no friend codes, 32 players online, zapper support, tighter controls than MP3 according to Matty)

and

Red Steel 2 (awaiting details, but supposedly online with better controls)

Exactly right man, But there are two on the way, Medal og honor heroes 2 and Redsteel 2. Both have online modes. Lets hope we get some more though, 2 is a start, not a finish.

(WE NEED A HEADSET)

There's probably a Bond game for Wii sometime. Really looking forward to that. It's going to be hard to top Nightfire though.

You mean you guys don't know about project "Itza" for the Wii? I believe it will surpass and blow out of the water ALL the clone FPS games for the 360 and ps3, it is sure to use the Wii Fit board and both Nunchuck and Wiimote of coure, but can be used with Wii Zapper and it's not on rails.

{Axtlár} said:
You mean you guys don't know about project "Itza" for the Wii? I believe it will surpass and blow out of the water ALL the clone FPS games for the 360 and ps3, it is sure to use the Wii Fit board and both Nunchuck and Wiimote of coure, but can be used with Wii Zapper and it's not on rails.

can u provide more details on this?

i cant find anything :sad:

James bond game fps + online play + no fc =

Miii very :yikes: :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin:

Back