Metroid Prime 3??

all_eyez_on_me_88

WiiChat Member
Nov 11, 2006
When I say 'U', you say 'K'
Wii Online Code
7703-1057-6528-1694
I've never really be into this series, can't say I ever made any effort to play any of the titles becasue to be honest, I did kind of judge it without playing it. I love FPS, but I prefer more "realistic" shooters.. that is to say, I find them way more entertaining when your shooting humans, on Earth. Take Halo for an example, loved the game but much prefered the levels that took place in more realistic earth settings than the ones in space (I know you wern't shooting humans but still...) I don't know why I don't like alien themed shooters as much, I just don't...

However! With the noticable (and understandble) lack of shooters on the Wii that really stand out so far (Red Steel still looks cool in my opinion but no doubt it could have been better. Far Cry - might have to rent & check the gameplay out but even if graphics aren't everything, there is no excuse for Far Cry looking like Die Hard on the bloody Gamecube - thats just shameful. And CoD isn't all that - or so I've read) so I might just consider getting Metroid Prime 3 when it comes out.

Even though from what I've seen its all about shooting aliens in space, the way it used the wiimote looks very promising & intuitive way sooo what I basically want to know is you guys thoughts & feelings on Metroid? Think its worth buying? Were the previous games good? Will there be a mulitiplayer option? Online support? Etc etc, yadda yadda yadda... Hope it is good - the main reason I'm buying a wii is because it just looks PERFECT for FPS's & I'd rather play them with compramised graphics but an amazing control system rather than on a 360.

P.S: Sorry if I sounded harsh to the Metroid series (i know alot of people on this forum like it) but these are just my honest opinion but hopefully i will be converted!

I'd be in the same boat as you.. Of course, my mommy loved this game when it was first ever out

Well the first 2 primes rocked, and as long as they dont mess the controls up this one should to

I don't think they will mess up the controls, however its a bit sad this will be the last Metroid Prime. :(

I was a bit skeptic about the metroid series to begin with too (my first samus encounter was in super smash bros :D ) but i bought metroid prime 2 echoes and loved every second of it, the multi player was pretty good too, the only problem was most people i have talked to about games don't even know who samus is =\
basicly I think metroid is easily comparable to something like halo.

On a side note i got metroid fusion awhile back for the gba and it confirms my suspicions that the metroid series just has an atmoshphere of intensity around it that just helps make it a great game.

Ive played Metroid prime and Metroid prime 2 ( almost finished echoes, bought it pretty recently ) and i can say its a very nice shooter with nice boss encounters and abit of a zelda stroke to it ( you have to solve certain things sometimes that isnt all that easy, might have you scratching your head sometimes ;))

and if you worry about the controll i wouldnt, there are 3 different settings ( atm, dunno if they made more ) which are normal advance and expert, ign has a trailer about this.

if you need more information you can read
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metroid_Prime_3:_Corruption
http://wii.ign.com/articles/708/708948p1.html

xbandaidx said:
I don't think they will mess up the controls, however its a bit sad this will be the last Metroid Prime. :(

Fortunately the next metroid games will probably be virtually the same type of game. Unless they try going for an RPG/Action game.

I have been waiting for this game since it was announced. Sadly, it's the end of the Prime Series and phazon but hopefully they go out with a bang.

Not a big fan of shooters period but with the Wii-Controls everyone needs atleast 1, and this one looks like that must-have.

Should be buying it although with no confirmed online play and multi-player I'm a bit turned off

Back