A Hope / Rant

Doc141

Super Mario Bros. MASTA!
Mar 20, 2007
Wii Online Code
2478-2768-0821-6129
As we near closer and closer to the release of a godly game that I feel may actually stand up to Halo 3 as far as story line and gameplay go. I am already set that Wii motion gameplay is better than duel analog, and I am a man who loves me some duel analog... mmmm....

Eitherway recently was released the infamous Metroid Prime 3 Preview Channel (and if you are a Wii owner you know this)
We have video footage being released often to tell us what comes in the game! :yikes:

So I get's to thinkin'.

What would be a good way to RAISE the hype of a game very shortly before launch? Announcing online to all the people who are waiting!

I think that the preview channel will announce the inclusion of Multiplayer gaming in Metroid Prime 3 right before it is released.

Now you say, "Retro announced there is no multiplayer in MP3"

Well here is what I DO know. Iwata (CEO of Nintendo) approached retro and spoke to them about Metroid Prime 3. He realizes in full that Halo 3 is a HUGE competative beast to go up against and it is going to be a 360 seller. He told them that they needed MP3 to be better than Halo 3 and better than any game out on the Wii. He said he wanted better visuals than anything on Wii, and better gameplay, and better story.
Now Iwata isn't a fool. I am sure he understands perfectly well that the real reason anyone BUYS Halo is not for its nice Campaign (even if it is fun). People buy it to play some sweet online match ups.
What does the Wii not have at this moment?

A Good First Person Shooter.

What is Metroid Prime 3? A Good First Person Shooter

What does Wii not have this moment?

An online FPS. And it is time we got one. I think that Retro lied to the audience and plans to release this last minute information to send the gaming world in a frenzy.

Metroid Prime 3 needs to be THE holder for Wii, just as Halo 3 will be THE holder for 360.

What do I think of nintendo if their decision comes to not add multiplayer to MP3?

I lose ALL sorts of respect for the company entirely.

It is a dumb marketing move not to put it in

It will make people lose a lot of respect for the Wii altogether

And it is really a big kick in the balls to anyone who owns a Wii. :mad5:

Sure the campaign on Metroid Prime 3 will kickass.

But here is a game where you have a large assortment of Bounty Hunters and even more than that! You have different visors, power-ups, and beams.

People told me that Metroid Prime 3 cant be online because online sucks on Metroid.

Metroid Prime 2 online: alright

Metroid Prime Hunters DS online: better, praised

What would be the next step? improvement! and at what better time?

That is why I feel that if nintendo fails to include online multiplayer support in Metroid Prime 3. I will feel that they have really lost the true respect of the hardcore gamer... It will hurt me and I will be pissed for a good long while.

Needless to say I will still buy MP3. It looks kickass. But honestly....

JCpackers05 said:
hmmm love your idea, hope your right. but i highly highly highly doubt it.
you know how i feel about Nintendo if i am wrong...

i know i read it, and yes it will be an aboslutley huge kick in the balls of the hardcore gamers without it, but i dont think that theyd save announcing online till the last minute, i mean seriously its already the 22nd!

And it would cause TONS of quick hype.. people are holding their breathe for it. I can see nintendo toying with them. They've done it in the past.

well maybe that article is to make the hardcore gamer a little happier, that there is somewhat of a side quest in the game now. that article doesnt mean they arent telling us there is an online multiplayer. though i can see it can get ones hopes up.

yeah what a sad thing that kids will ingnore games for not having online but yeah i can imagine if the reveal that millions of post about it on here lol

I am fairly confident this is happening.

also come on i think they wouldnt make a channel if its not online think about it whats the point of having it when the game comes out what are they going to do release more vids lol so i think somehow they will be connected

Back