Who got wireless sensor bar?

zachp18

me two game systems below
Mar 4, 2007
The land of 10,000 lakes
Wii Online Code
6651-9695-6213-2367
I've been thinking about gettin one of these, because the freakishly long sensor bar cord is pissing me off. I if you have it what do u reccomend about it?

www.dealextreme.com

they have the sensor bar for like 8$ and no shipping! w00t! only problem it takes 2 weeks to deliver- i love that site i got one myself its friggen sweet! just uses a ton of batteries. the other one thats 11$ uses the 9 volt but i have rechargables so bring it on!

i got one the other day... works perfectly but yeah 4 AA batery's it can burn threw them pretty fast

Yes, you can cut the cord and use a 9V battery to make the original sensor bar wireless. However, you can also make one easily using 2 little light bulbs or flash light. Just use your WiiMote in calibration mode to identify compatible light source. Then two of them in a 10-12" distance. It is funny that the sensor bar is actually not a sensor, while the wiimote is. FYI. the backlight of a LCD display is sufficient. I do have a wireless sensor bar just for the convenience of setting it up with a portable projector.

Last edited:
I've tested a couple tv remotes and it works fine. If the tv remotes aren't sucking up any battery life, then why does the sensor bar need batteries?

sherwood3570 said:
I've tested a couple tv remotes and it works fine. If the tv remotes aren't sucking up any battery life, then why does the sensor bar need batteries?
The sensor bar is always on, whereas the TV remotes kinda "sleep" until you press a button

I understand that. I replaced the sensor bar with two remotes and the Wii remote worked fine. Thats why I don't see why the sensor bar needs batteries. You know?

um the sensor bar needs batteries for power.......

anyways i dont care about that little bity cable, plus i have a billion other cables for the TV, Satelite, computer, surround sound and dozens of consoles, so that little baby cable is nothin.

i swear i posted in this thread a couple of minutes ago....

i have it, you should to, just get rechargeable batteries first, i have 6 and plan on buying more for my 4 wiimotes and sensor bar, the only problem is you have to turn it on and off, and i always forget to turn it off

ok look at it this way, its wayyy different.
the Sensor bar is constantly using power as far as i am aware. So that is constantly draining the battery.
Most tv remotes on use the battery when you press a button. So its only that half a second the button is down that the power is used.
what are you talking about anypower tv remotes need batteries

Back