Who is going to get Madden 2008?

I got Madden 07 as a gift and I loved it!

I'm going to rent it,I think it is great,but not worth the $50

or,I'll just wait and buy it. It is very tempting :D

i read on other sites like gamestop and Nsider forums. On gamestop ppl have it and said the online is very laggy like playing in slow motion and its very similar to 07. Nsider somone has it and says its good, online lagged but got better on a differnet game..

Either way, i hope online is fixed and there isnt lag.

read another bits of review on ign boards. somone got the game for wii. they said its amazing and so much fun.

2 more days!

Last edited:
It's a must and I will add it to my collection...

I am currently playing the older versions beginning with Madden 2002 for the Gamecube. It will be a Madden marathon until I go and pick the game up Tuesday morning.

im kinda nervous with the reviews. ppl who have this game early ( not sure if they r lieing or not) but im hearing ppl say its not good. its the same as last year or worse. ( i thought 07 was fantastic).. i have also read messages with ppl saying they love it and its awsome. I think it will be good. It can be worse. Ign said it was better. I agreed with them for there review for 07 and i trust them when it comes to this. Hopefully they will have there review tomorrow. They said in there podcast it would be higher then last years ( 8.5) so i think i will enjoy Madden 2008. The people who didnt enjoy it either were expecting something different or never played 07 so they know what they were getting.

The official reviews have indicated it has cleaner graphics, more responsive controls, and more modes. I get Madden every year...so I'll be picking up my pre-order tomorrow. '07 was pretty good, not great. But, if they managed to improve it I'll be happy. That and RE4 should keep me happy for a while.

CTarheels31 said:
I cant wait for madden 08 it will be my first time playing madden on the wii.
Should be a blast for you then, the controls are really good on '07.

@Wiitime...The laggy online is my main concern, and it will probably be horrible at first. Maybe not, and surely if it is improvements can be made with the online system. Can you imagine how many people are going to be trying to play online tommorrow?

Last edited:
WiiBad said:
Should be a blast for you then, the controls are really good on '07.

@Wiitime...The laggy online is my main concern, and it will probably be horrible at first. Maybe not, and surely if it is improvements can be made with the online system. Can you imagine how many people are going to be trying to play online tommorrow?

its my concern too. But im sure Ea is going to fix it if its a problem. It might be likt strikers were its might be hard to play the first few days online but hopefully it will be good. I doubt Ea/Nintendo wants tons of calls complaing so they know they have to do a good job.

I'll be picking it up tonight as I preordered and paid in full. I didn't get 07 so this will be my first on the Wii. It will also be my first madden purchase in SEVERAL years. I've rented a couple but they game just got entirely too complex over the years and for the casual player it just takes too damn long to master it. I like the simplified mode than can graduate to advanced. I'm hoping I can turn it on and start playing immediately and not have to learn to press left+bumper+rotate stick+x,x,y, down dpad, X, Left Trigger complete a run to the left. We'll see. I'll post a review tomorrow if I have a chance.

kenn said:
I'll be picking it up tonight as I preordered and paid in full. I didn't get 07 so this will be my first on the Wii. It will also be my first madden purchase in SEVERAL years. I've rented a couple but they game just got entirely too complex over the years and for the casual player it just takes too damn long to master it. I like the simplified mode than can graduate to advanced. I'm hoping I can turn it on and start playing immediately and not have to learn to press left+bumper+rotate stick+x,x,y, down dpad, X, Left Trigger complete a run to the left. We'll see. I'll post a review tomorrow if I have a chance.
Madden for Wii is very pick up and play, and yes, with the whole simplified thing Madden 08' should just be a breeze. Do please post that review with your thoughts on the subject.

It really isnt that hard to get used to. After you do the tutorial, you can do most of the stuff. If you forget, they have an option to practice controls during the game. The only problem I had with 07 was some of the controls were hard to time. Like stiff arm, swating etc.. I hope they have those controls more responsive. From the previews I read, they are much better.

Woot, just about to finish RE4 and I'll probably get Madden '08 really soon :). The last time I played a Madden game was when it was launched with the Gamecube. I loved it then, I think it'll be a blast on the Wii.

Back