Who wants Metal Gear Solid Wii?

bamblakopz

SSBB 0688-4932-4039 BAM-
Dec 12, 2007
Hyrule
Wii Online Code
5768-6741-0422-9558
O MY GOODNESS! I really want Metal Gear Solid Wii... Kojima, the creator, has said multiple times that he is disappointed in Sony... He has said many times that He wants to keep Solid franchise a Sony franchise but he also wants for it to go 360 and wii... And he is leaning towards having it on the wii and 360... MANY MANY times he has told reporters that the wii interests him...
He wants a wii mgs game because he really wants to work on the wii. He thinks the wii has great opportunities for it. And he wants MGS4 on the 360 because it will sell better then the PS3 version and people really want it... Here are just a few articles... go online and check more out!
http://gonintendo.com/?p=3138
http://kotaku.com/gaming/go307/feature-talkin-metal-gear-with-hideo-kojima-248695.php
Google more info! He loves the Wii! MGS WOULD BE AWESOME! (Plus the fact that snake is on SSBB gives a hint that it is a possibility... :D)

Those articles are very very old. He's already said its going to stay a PS3 exclusive like a few weeks ago, if not less.

Edit: Unless he's just saying that because of a condition in his contract with Sony, which is what im hoping.

Yes they are old, but he still loves the wii... and he still wants MGS to go wii...

Ur a ps3 owner, ur gonna get the game right? (Which system is ur favorite, which console do u think has the best potential for a MGS game?

Last edited:
Uh, both PS3 and 360 would do the same. Both have downloadable content. Since Wii doesnt have a HD it wouldnt be as good on that. Plus visually Wii would be lacking compared to other consoles, you would be selling yourself short IMO if you get it on Wii because you miss out on experience.

Im gonna get it for sure on my PS3 but if it was on 360 also, it would be the same I think.

I think it would sell better on the 360, (I own both 360 and wii) then ps3 because more people own 360 then ps3... Plus Kojima said that if he did do these plans, then it would be a remake of mgs4 for 360. And a brand new MGS for wii... (Plus online for the wii one and MGS online for 360) Visually it would lack on wii, but if they try hard it wouldn't be that bad... SSBB looks great! And Snake looks great on it too... Snake is the best human face ever to touch a Nintendo system! (Humans have been the worst thing graphically for Nintendo...)

I don't know how that hints there's going to be a MGS game on the Wii/360, huh? There's one mention, that if people want more metal gear, then it may go to the "dvd", or 360. That's interesting, I guess.

For MGS4, it's going to be with the PS3. As much as some would like to see it go elsewhere, it has been shot down numerous times, and even in one of the articles you posted; that it wont be appearing on anything other than the PS3.

And, for personal preference, I feel that a Metal Gear game plays best on a PS controller. It's what it was made for. Twin Snakes, and the port for MGS2 for the Xbox, just felt like ass compared to what I was used to. Like, you were getting a second class experience. Maybe if something was built from the ground up another console, it would be different. Either way, I don't see any Metal Gear game working on the Wii, unless they kept the motion controls to the minimum. I'm already hoping like hell that MGS4 isn't ruined with SixAxis.

When MGS4 is released, there is already going to be a boost in sales for the PS3. Go to any gamer forum, and you will see how many people are saying they're waiting to buy a PS3 for this game alone. If 3/4 of PS3 owners buy this game, then it would be enough of a success.

I'm really not sure if there are going to be any more Metal Gear games. This seems like it's going to be the last one. Sans portable ops on the PSP, I don't think there will be another Metal Gear game for a little bit. I don't keep up on MG all the time, so I'm quite astounded as to some of what you're saying. I don't remember reading anything about talks to make a Metal Gear game for the Wii. At all.

I certainly don't want it. It wouldn't work on the Wii. It'd be like putting Halo on a Wii...It's just...not right. Exclusives should stay exclusives always.

solidkirby i agree with you Metal Gear Solid just feels so much better on a PS controller the combinations just feel perfect...

As for it coming to the 360 it never will. The only reason MGS2: Substance made it to the 360 is that Konami made him do it and he hated it. I dont know why anyone thought it would make it to the 360 anyways it just wont work the 360 cant do the things a PS3 can. Kojima wont lower the quality of his game he is too good for that.

And to Christmas Wii Metal Gear was originally on the NES so if it had stayed exclusive it would not be on the Playstation. And if Halo was meant for the Mac so i think its a good thing when stuff crosses over.

I doubt 360 not being able to do it is a reason. Im pretty sure it can do it. But sony would do anything to not let it happen. So far I havent seen anything on the PS3 that makes 360 look inferior, they always look the same to me. Some people claim 360 can add better shaders and textures n small detail stuff but I never payed attention. And this wasn't from 360 owners, it was from 3rd party developers. Assassins Creed has like 7 framerate lower than 360 so o_O

But MGS4 should stay PS3, its like Xbox's Halo and Wii's Mario.

But it is not like that.... Mario has never touched any other system! Niether has Halo touched anything but xbox... Metal Gear/ Snake has been on Xbox, NES, SNES, Wii, (GCN I think) I mean... It all started on the NES!!!

Hmmm, true. I really think Konami wouldnt mind putting it on 360 and Wii. Personally I think he's tied by contract and isnt allowed to. Or maybe he's planning on it but has to wait a year before he's allowed to. If so... I imagine Konami not allowed to say anything or it will breach his contract and Konami could be sued. I mean, Sony wouldn't want Konami telling people that their star title is also going to be on Wii/360 because it would hurt their sales.

true, I think he'll get off the contract after mgs4 and online are out... then he starts up on the other systems..... I hope anyway

I would only buy it for a ps3 version or a wii version why?
Ps3's 6 proccesser(i think its called that) allows 6 things to occur at once making alerts much more difficult making it a lot more fun.

The wii has motion sensor and will most likely use the wiimote for a gun cursor. therefore making my dream of being snake come true.

The 360 for me has no real worth for me, except for mabye a few games like guitar hero and mabye bioshock though i only saw my friend play it.

Xbox, NES, SNES, Wii, (GCN I think) I mean... It all started on the NES!!!
Where did you get an XBox version? Its been on gcn, not wii or xbox.

Last edited:
Although it has many haters and many lovers, Halo 3 rocks....^^^^^^

Back