Metal Gear Solid: Rising 360

daviduk200

The XBOX 360 Guy
Jul 18, 2007
Scotland
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
the first metal gear game to be launched on a microsoft console.

and it will center around Raiden :) great news for me. MGS4 was amazing so hopefully this will be at least half as good

Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc., announced today that Metal Gear Solid: Rising is currently in development for the Xbox 360 - the first Metal Gear Solid game to launch on the system. Raiden, one of the most popular characters in the Metal Gear Solid universe, will star in the all-new title from Hideo Kojima. Raiden first debuted in Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty on the PlayStation 2 as a playable character and appeared as a non-playable cyborg in Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots for the PLAYSTATION 3.

"The Metal Gear Solid series is one of the most highly acclaimed video game franchises of all time," said Anthony Crouts, Vice President of Marketing for Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. "With Metal Gear Solid: Rising, the Xbox 360 community will finally get a chance to enjoy the action and excitement that this popular franchise is known to offer."

WTH!? This is a joke right? Sony bought out Konami and rights to MGS.

I'm very happy about this. I'd rather have a whole new MGS game that get a port of MGS4, although I must admit part of me was slightly disappointed that it wasn't MGS4 just because I wanted to see the Sony fanboys go crazy. lol :p

However, they might as well go crazy over this as well because I get the feeling all future MGS games will not only be on PS3, but on the X360 as well.

K, so it's not a joke. I wonder how much cash Microsoft had to dish out to Konami or Sony to get a Metal Gear game.

Hell Yeah!!

MGS4 was one of the few reasons I was debating getting a ps3 instead of a 360. Now I just need MLB the show on xbox and I'll be set. :lol:

Meh, out of all the Metal Gear Solid games, Sons of Liberty was the worst. Why? Raiden. I really don't have high hopes for this one. Might be good, but not as good as some of the others.

Sounds like it'll be awesome! I'm wondering if it'll be multiplatform or not, though.

WTH!? This is a joke right? Sony bought out Konami and rights to MGS.

No they didn't.

Us PS3 boys will be getting some kind of Big Boss-related spin-off. Watch this space.

It's coming on PS3 too, but in a recent interview, Kojima seemed like he didn't even want the game to release. Seems like his heart isn't in this one, and I really don't think it'll live up to it's name honestly. I can post the link if someone wants me to, but I can't right now.

Overall though, solid keynote for M$. None of the exclusives made me want to buy a 360 though.

manu: It's probably Konami that wants some kind of Xbox presence with Metal Gear. Having MGS4 exclusive seemed to be a generous gesture of Konami's...since they didn't seem to be breathing down Kojima's neck on that. Maybe this game was the catch.

Us PS3 boys will be getting some kind of Big Boss-related spin-off. Watch this space.

I dunno if spin-off is the right term. I'm sure it will be part of the main Metal Gear canon...seeing as the entire storyline has been on Sony platforms.

I'm actually expecting MGSR to be the spin-off. Either that or it may have some kind of self-contained canon storyline so that Xbox owners aren't thrown off by story. After all, Kojima has said that he wants to make a game aimed toward western audience (lightning-fast gameplay with Raiden) and one that's aimed toward japanese audience (slower-paced stealth action). I'm looking at Rising to be a series for the Xbox (though it will probably be multiplatform) while the proper installments like the data-heavy MGS4 that have incorporated stealth to stay exclusive to PS3. We may have two games on our hands that will be announced.

Last edited:
I dunno if spin-off is the right term. I'm sure it will be part of the main Metal Gear canon...seeing as the entire storyline has been on Sony platforms.

I know I really didn't want to use 'spin-off', but it was the first and closest thing that I thought of for what I mean. But you know what I mean.

I can't wait for the game personally. The new MGS4 Raiden was pretty kickass so this game should be pretty good (hopefully). Kojima did say it's a totally new MGS experience, or something like that.

Back