Whopping Wii Profit.

Trulen

Isn't here as much
Oct 28, 2006
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
Trulen said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-Nintendo-Wii-2-Remote-2-Nunchuk-14-GAMES_W0QQitemZ130088859724QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Wii: $250
Nunchuck: $20
Wii Play: $50.
Sales Tax (here, anyways) : $32

Total spent: $352

Sold for: $710 (plus shipping)

Profit: $358.

Now, TRY to tell me that ain't a profit THIS LATE IN THE GAME ( What... FOUR months down the line?!)

At this point, there are no such thing as scalpers. Just people who put money in their hands.

amen to that. Only the problem is, those who sell the consoles for much more tend to cheat the system by buying wii's in bulk. Meaning, One person can buy half a shipment of wiis from a store, leaving little for the regular consumer. This is dirty in my opinion.

Last edited:
Shiftfallout said:
amen to that. Only the problem is, those who sell the consoles for much more tend to cheat the system by buying wii's in bulk. Meaning, One person can buy half a shipment of wiis from a store, leaving little for the regular consumer. This is dirty in my opinion.

I agree nothing wrong with making profit off of 1 but If you buy 4 or 5 at a time it doesn't give people that really want the Wii a chance to buy it at market value

half the wii's sold are sitting in peoples basements unopened trying to be sold.

most of them sell for around 320 + like 25 dollars shipping which is like70-80 dollars profit each one.

but you have to take into consideration these cool ebayers spend 50 hours a week camping stores to get wiis, might average 3 wiis a week. not too many jobs pay you less than that.
except the ones that abuse their jobs(like some dilhole at my local walmart, his friends get them all everytime they come in)

drroett said:
I shouldn't complain. After waiting inline to not get a Wii because it was sold out I got one off ebay a week or so later for less than the retail value, new in box and all.

you lucked out:)

peterose said:
half the wii's sold are sitting in peoples basements unopened trying to be sold.

most of them sell for around 320 + like 25 dollars shipping which is like70-80 dollars profit each one.

but you have to take into consideration these cool ebayers spend 50 hours a week camping stores to get wiis, might average 3 wiis a week. not too many jobs pay you less than that.
except the ones that abuse their jobs(like some dilhole at my local walmart, his friends get them all everytime they come in)

Found this awhile back...

fa621fi8.jpg

All from the same store. Mass selling them, the minimum bid is 250. In desperation many are bidding over 350. I think these people get more than just 3 wiis a week. Theres a reason they are so hard to get, thats not because regular customers buy them fast, rather people looking to make a profit buy them first.

When the ps3 and wii launched, some web news group went around interviewing the people in line. They estimated over 35% of them were there to resell the systems after they got them. This is from people admitting it.

It also reminds me of a true story about a man who bought property near a native american reservation. There was a river that went through his property, and he basically put nets to block the salmon from traveling up stream, and also redirected some of the water, lowering its level at the native american reserve. They relied on the natural order of the fish and the river itself. When they approached him with their concerns, he merely asked them for money. THe more they gave him, the more fish he would let move along.
Kind of a similar senario. Its dirty but effective.

Wow, I didn't realize some people were getting so many. I figured most ebay sales were resales of the system from those people who didn't enjoy it. What's truly amazing is thinking about what the software sales would be like if all the Wii's in circulation were with owners whom used them.

You know, if any one complains about the PS3's price, you could always buy a wii, sell it, and then you would have enough for a PS3. All for the price of a wii. Wierd.

Were going off Topic here this isn't a PS3 Vs Wii Rant

I think what they do is REALLY Smart

It's like if someone asks you to go to the shop and buy them Cigarets because they're underage 90% of people who do it ask for a cigaret in return OR if they don't smoke ask for Money

I think it's VERY smart [Though I already have a Wii so Im not moaning about them doing it lol]

And you can't forget Ebay's dreaded Final Value Fees and Insertion fees (I know they're not THAT bad) but still take them into context

Wii_Smurf said:
Were going off Topic here this isn't a PS3 Vs Wii Rant

I think what they do is REALLY Smart

Forgive me but.. where is this ps3 vs wii rant, i dont seem to see one in here? Could be your mistaken.

As for them being smart, i wouldnt say its smart. Its just taking advantage of less supply and high demand. I dont think thats smart as much as I think its just using simple rules of supply and demand. Do you also think its smart when people buy wii's in bulk to resell it for more? Even if it forces the normal consumer to pay prices more close to the ps3 than what the wii's recommended retail price was set for?

Funny how they always state "plus 5 games!" for the Sports disk that comes with every Wii anyway. But this guy went a step further listing the power supply, sensor bar, and console stand! At least there are 2 wii-motes.
Not his fault that there's someone willing to bid that much.
As soon as Nintendo finally makes enough to keep shelves stocked all of this madness will go away.

Back