Who's Got A Carrying Case?

RyanD said:
The following pertains to people who will be carrying their Wii around often in busy public places, or who are going to be leaving it in a car for example.

I know that everyone wants to show off the fact that they own a Wii by getting an official bag with the name clearly written on the side, but this could attract some unwanted attention. By that I mean it could attract thieves. Consider a generic bag that will fit all your Wii gear and more. You won't be the cool guy on the block, but don't say I didn't tell you so if somebody snags your Wii bag when you put it down for a second.

yep this is true that is why i have already thought about covering the wii logo on it. and when it is in my car i keep it in the trunk and flipped over to hide that it says wii. but you are for sure right.

RyanD said:
The following pertains to people who will be carrying their Wii around often in busy public places, or who are going to be leaving it in a car for example.

I know that everyone wants to show off the fact that they own a Wii by getting an official bag with the name clearly written on the side, but this could attract some unwanted attention. By that I mean it could attract thieves. Consider a generic bag that will fit all your Wii gear and more. You won't be the cool guy on the block, but don't say I didn't tell you so if somebody snags your Wii bag when you put it down for a second.

Good point, but that's also the reason it travels in the trunk of my car and when not traveling in the trunk never leaves my sight, in an untrusted place! No need in covering the Wii logo on the bag. Kinda defeats the purpose!

iplaywii said:
322771305_3c76f15f26.jpg

I bought a bag exactly the same is this except I guess it was third party. It didn't have the Wii logo on the front and it has a handle on top but the rest of it is exactly the same.

When I bought it I didn't know there were official Nintendo ones however I am glad that mine doesn't have the Wii logo on the front due to the reasons mentioned by RyanD.

And yes. It is quite good, I can fit the following things in comfortably.

The pocket at the front under the flap - Manuals, Wii Stand Stabiliser
Front compartment - Wii console
Rear compartment - Wii Stand (along the bottom), Power cord (on top of Wii stand), Component cable (on top of Power cord), Composite cable (on top of component cable, 2 Wiimotes (beside power cord, on top of Wii stand), 2 Nunchuks (on top of Wiimotes)
Detachable case on top of rear compartment - Sensor bar, Sensor bar stand, Wiimote batteries

I have to take the batteries out of the Wiimotes becuase if I don't the buttons get pressed therefore wasting the batteries. Everything is also very snug, nothing bounces around inside.

I bought it for $AU25 at EB Games at Westfield Carindale in Brisbane, Australia.

PS. Can someone please clarify that the Official Nintendo Bag has the detatchable case on top of the rear compartment.

PPS. You have no idea how funny it was trying to tell my Grandma that I bought a 'Wii Bag' with her Christmas money!

iplaywii said:
I bought this bag to carry my Wii in. It's great. Small, compact, and fits all my remotes, adapters, sensor bar, etc.! I would recommend this over the sling bag, because it has a little more room!

322771305_3c76f15f26.jpg

Saving the cash up for this bad boy now, even though I will rarely move my wii - just in case, may just use my laptop bag though. Wii wont go far from home :)

Ive got a small sized backpack that PERFECTLY fits my Wii and accessories and games.. The Wii itself goes into skin tight elastic pouch with some padding and 8 games fit down in the bottom(like a brick) then I set my remotes and nunchuks, power bar, base and AV cables ontop of the "Brick" and by closing the zipper everything is tight and doesnt move around. Last but not least the bag has a long compartment on the back which perfectly fits the sensor bar.

Its not an official bag, its just a little blue gymbag but you'd swear it was custom built to carry a Wii. :)

i use a laptop carrying case that's lying around the house.
it's can hold a 15.4" notebook and it's made by Targus.

it holds my Wii, base, sensor bar, adapter, cables, Wii-motes, Nunchucks, Classic Controllers, and off course games.

the case was lying around since i now have a Targus notebook backpack. :yesnod:

ive got the official wii messenger bag

i can fit the games and wii and controllers in but i cant find anywhere to place the cables

iplaywii said:
Of course! I travel a lot so it's a nice way to make sure the Wii doesn't get damaged.
so let me get this straight. Transporting the Wii a lot is a nice way to make sure it doesn't get damaged? As opposed to leaving it where it is? allllllllllllllrighty then

I have the messenger style bag pictured. There are actually 2 versions in stores. The one pictured with the Wii logo on the front and another that is green and has the Zelda crest on the front. I have the green one with Zelda Crest (got it at Target).

It was the same price as the sling bag (as mentioned) but has more room. The bag has a handle on top. I assume the one in the picture actually has the top handle as well (it is slightly recessed to the back so you can't see it looking at it directly from the front).

It is really tight if you are trying to put 2 wiimotes, 2 nunchucks, cables, sensorbar, console in the bag. Controllers have to go in the mesh outside side pockets. Definately no room for game cases. Nice top cover pocket to tuck the sensor bar in.

I'd probably look at that Gamestop 3rd party case if I had to do it over again. It looks a little larger.

Back