Wii Travel Case w/ (Pics)

wiimo

WiiChat Member
May 1, 2007
Las Vegas
I travel A LOT with my Wii taking it from my house, to my parents house, to my cousins house - pretty much anywhere we are having a party.

I got tired of repacking everything in the box (although it was a great idea) and didnt want to throw everything in a grocery bag so i decided to see what was out there.

Doing research on the net this is what i had heard as the complaints:

Official Bags (Sling/Messenger)
-not enough room for accessories

ProGamer aluminum
-Tight fit on components
-some people complained of a smell...but i have febreeze so that was not a deciding factor

GPAK
-not enough organization in compartments (everything just thrown in)
-Wii gets hot
-divider that wii sits on is flimsy
-pictures made it look really big

Nyko Travel Case
-if ordered online color was selected for you (possibility of pink case)
-no pictures

I visited GameStop and compared the GPAK and the Nyko. The GPAK was larger but nowhere near the size it looked online. The Nyko was $10 cheaper and curiosity got to me as to what was in this thing so I went that route instead.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking over the packaging of the case, you cant tell what features it has. It is also tied into the box so you cant open any of the main compartments. I am pretty happy with the case overall as it is small/light making it easy to travel with. i can fit my wii along w/ all the cables (power, sensor bar, AV) needed as well as 3 wiimotes and two nunchucks. It would be nice if i could throw my game cases directly in it, but seeing as 99% of people are fine putting music CDs in the same sleeve Im thinking im just paranoid.

Well - they say pictures are worth a thousand words so see below for the fitment of everything. The bag I am comparing it to size wise is a standard 15.4" laptop bag i forgot i had in my closet and probably could have used instead.

DSCN3638.JPG

size comparison
DSCN3639.JPG

3/4 closed
DSCN3640.JPG

3/4 open - this is where i keep the wiimotes, power, AV
DSCN3641.JPG

front shot of that same compartment and showing front zipper
DSCN3643.JPG

same compartment empty - shows the 2 bungie straps
DSCN3645.JPG

i havent decided what to put in here as its such a tight fit. The compartment doesnt extend into the top part of the zipper so i couldnt fit my sensor bar inside
DSCN3653.JPG

back compatment that is velcro'ed shut. Im not sure what i can fit in here either, maybe manuals?
DSCN3646.JPG

showing the thickness
DSCN3647.JPG

overall view of the main compartment - will hold 5 games, 4 SD cards (i have also placed my nunchucks inside here, but it would also fit the power box or the vertical stand
DSCN3648.JPG

showing how i packed the nunchucks/sensor bar - the plastic disc is just holding the flap open
DSCN3649.JPG

main compartment w/ everything removed
DSCN3650.JPG

this is what i have fit in my case
DSCN3651.JPG

did i mention it came with a shoulder strap? makes carrying much more convenient

All in all, I like the case. I wont hesitate to throw my Wii in there and hit the road if thats all I am taking. If I need to take other stuff w/ me (projector, digital camera, camcorder, etc) ill toss it in the laptop bag along w/ the other goodies.

I'm in the market myself for a wii travel bag. Personally, I think that having the controllers in a separate bag is better. Shoving too many into the a single pocket in a bag with no cushioning can't be good for the wii motes. If i spend this much money on a game console and peripherals, I'm going to spend a few bucks extra to ensure that it works when I get to where ever I'm going to. </my 2 cents>

Back