Why cant we have flash in our sigs?

LowTek

Snakes on a Wii!
May 8, 2007
First forum I have used that does not allow it! Flash sigs are fun.

lee.jarratt said:
It's against the rules that's why.

Yea, ok. Rules without reason.

I would like a mod or Admin to reply with a serious answer.

lol, get decent size limits before moving to something like flash. Bubba can't even put together a decent gif b/c of the filesize limit. Just deal with it.

Brawny said:
lol, get decent size limits before moving to something like flash. Bubba can't even put together a decent gif b/c of the filesize limit. Just deal with it.

Thank you for the info.

ive only seen 1 forum that allowed flash sigs. anyways im not too sure why i0n (the admin) doesnt allow them. some of the other forums i go to dont allow it to be curtious to dial-up users. i wouldnt be surprised if that was i0ns reasoning.

Mitch2025 said:
ive only seen 1 forum that allowed flash sigs. anyways im not too sure why i0n (the admin) doesnt allow them. some of the other forums i go to dont allow it to be curtious to dial-up users. i wouldnt be surprised if that was i0ns reasoning.

LOL, and I thank him for it. :lol:

Mitch2025 said:

This makes sense. I have no room to argue and I understand the decision.

But I will bring up a valid point that all forums (that I have seen) give each user the option to disable signatures for low bandwidth users.

It's not so much the filesize issues, but rather the fact that there are possible security risks with allowing flash signatures as malicious code can be embedded and ran from the .swf files.

The same reason why HTML isnt parsed in posts or signatures.

I like sigs (duh), but not anything too big. was there an option to not view only certain ones? Not sure if Vbulletin supports customization THAT much.

kiraownsurmom said:
*serene*iiii0n.*salutes*

didnt ppl like rabid toaster n sailor moon have those for a while?

Yeah... Rabid Had The Stick Animation.

LOL....*GULP* not what I meant i0n....

I mean, only allow certain ones...based on filesize and whatnot.

Thank you for the information iOn

When you say security risks, I think of *grrr* annoying single pixel flash animations that are malicious in certain ways. I guess maybe all the boards I have posted on are smaller communities. Totally understandable.

Back