Why does everyone hate on Red Steel?

StevenNevets said:
It was the 2nd most hyped Wii launch title. It turned out to be one of the worst.

Absolutely horrible. I hate it so much. The controlls suck, the multiplayer is bad, the gameplay is alright, and the graphics are redicicously bad (the fixed pictures they were showing for months didn't help either).

It's just crap, what other shooters have you played?

r u crzy dude it DIDN'T turn out as 1 of the worst its like 4th next to mario strikers charged zelda tp and re4. and the controls r amazing graphics do suck multie player is rly fun except not much maps and gameplayis 10/10

i hate the controls, i never find the urge to play the game, and whenever i play it only keeps me entertained for about 5 minutes. then i dont wanna play anymore. i hate the scrolling pictures or w.e between levels and what not. and i dont like the storyline at all. its like mario gone japanese!

Wiinter said:
Played multiplayer yet? Sometimes you need responsive turning. And the addition of responsive turning doesn't prevent you from making cautious advances.

i see where your coming from wiinter. i got stuck there a few times but trust me u get used to it. and i think the concept of auto healing comes into effect on that section, when i maastered it i only got hit like 2-3 times cos u know whats coming next.

yea, i don't get the Red Steel hating either. I thought it was a fantastic game. It was fun, enjoyable and a little different. The Sword fights were great too.

Back