Why not enough fighting games for the Wii....???

so far the best 2D beat-em-up is Tatsunoko vs Capcom for the Wii. if they can continue and build on that then i hope it will all be sunny days for us Wii fans. if not then we can only hope or suggest it to Nintendo or known publishers of said games.

Marvel vs Capcom 2 (and my other fave Neo Geo Battle Coliseum and King of Fighters 12) are all available for the 360. why not for the Wii....?

To be honest if your into your fighters your money would be best spent on a 360 and a pair of joysticks/street fighter pads.
Then you have loads to chose from.

Comparing it to Street fighter is easy, but Tekken and Soul Caliber?
Come on there years old and there not even the same gameplay wise to Street Fighter

They would do better getting a PS3 for fighters. The 360s pad is horrible and the cost of buying special joysticks/pads would offset the extra cost of the PS3. I don't see the point of quantity over quality myself though, not that they don't have great fighters on PS3/360 (BlazBlue for example) but you wouldn't be getting anything that is drastically better than you already have on the Wii.

There would also be the option of getting a couple of Gamecube controllers and playing fighters from that system (although there isn't really that many of note that I remember).

Soulcaliber IV came out in 2008 and Tekken VI in 2009. That's hardly years old! Of course the styles are different but in overall terms I think that Tatsunoko vs Capcom is a better game than both of them.

Marvel vs Capcom 2 (and my other fave Neo Geo Battle Coliseum and King of Fighters 12) are all available for the 360. why not for the Wii....?
As DPrinny said Nintendo like to release games in order, so they'll go through the entire series until they get to those games. I doubt we'll see Marvel vs Capcom 2 though, not because the Wii can't run it but because it wasn't on any of the consoles currently supported by the VC. The only hope for that would be the arcade version turning up on the VC Arcade at some point.

I'm fine with the fighters I've got right now - Tatsunoko vs Capcom, SSBB, Street Fighter 2 Turbo/TNC (VC), Mortal Kombat 2-3 (Midway Arcade Treasures 2 for Gamecube) keep me happy and I don't see anything on the horizon that will usurp those titles.

They would do better getting a PS3 for fighters. The 360s pad is horrible and the cost of buying special joysticks/pads would offset the extra cost of the PS3. I don't see the point of quantity over quality myself though, not that they don't have great fighters on PS3/360 (BlazBlue for example) but you wouldn't be getting anything that is drastically better than you already have on the Wii.
The PS3 pad is even worse for fighters.
http://videogames.yahoo.com/xbox360/fighting/

Ok lets go off quality
On 360
Gaoru mark of wolfs
Mavel vs capcom 2
King of fighters 98
Fatal Fury special
Street fighter 2 HD
Tekken 6
Virtua fighter 5
Super Street fighter 4
Blaze Blue
Street fighter 3 third strike (via the Street fighter collection on xbox)
Capcom vs SNK 2

QUALITY!!
To name a few

There would also be the option of getting a couple of Gamecube controllers and playing fighters from that system
NO!!
Fighting games should not be played on a Gamecube pad

the thing about Bleach and Naruto i have no idea whatsoever with the storyline and the characters. also i had enough of Mortal Kombat unless they totally revamped the graphics and gameplay into something Tekken-ish or Soul Calibur then i will probably give up on fighting gmes for the Wii.

my/our only saving grace would probably be Tournament of Legends or the upcoming Toshinden game if it's any good.

Hmm.. I think mortal kombat is awesome but not really sure if they would recreate it? I also remembered that a while ago when somebody asked me what game would I like to play again.. and that's the first thing that came into my head.

The people that made Mortal Kombat went bust as there games didnt sell to well

>Bleach on Wii
Yeah its good.
IF YOUR BLIND!!
How many games do you know that you can win without even looking at the screen and waving the Wiimote round like your swatting a fly.
Heck I have even won on it by putting the Wiimote in my mouth and rocking out.
I only got the game as it was cheap and it turned out to be as brainless as the anime its based upon

the thing about Bleach and Naruto i have no idea whatsoever with the storyline and the characters. also i had enough of Mortal Kombat unless they totally revamped the graphics and gameplay into something Tekken-ish or Soul Calibur then i will probably give up on fighting gmes for the Wii.

my/our only saving grace would probably be Tournament of Legends or the upcoming Toshinden game if it's any good.

Both those games will likely be trash.

I find it strange when people say they wouldn't be interested in a fighting game because they don't know the story/characters. It would mean that in the past you'd never have played Street Fighter, Tekken, Soulcalibur or any of those fighting games because they all started off with new characters who you'd know nothing about. Naruto/Bleach may already be established but story is not usually a big factor in a beat em up, so you could practically treat the characters as new IPs and just enjoy a game for the gameplay.

I would have zero interest in a Wii Tekken or Soulcalibur as I already have 2 games that imo are equal to or better than those series (TvsC and SSBB), so why on earth would I wish for something worse than I already have.

The people that made Mortal Kombat went bust as there games didnt sell to well

>Bleach on Wii
Yeah its good.
IF YOUR BLIND!!
How many games do you know that you can win without even looking at the screen and waving the Wiimote round like your swatting a fly.
Heck I have even won on it by putting the Wiimote in my mouth and rocking out.
I only got the game as it was cheap and it turned out to be as brainless as the anime its based upon

lol yeah congrats on the mod job long overdue.

The greatness of Toshinden is in its title.
TOSH!!!
Toshinden always has been tosh and always will be.
I would have zero interest in a Wii Tekken or Soulcalibur as I already have 2 games that imo are equal to or better than those series (TvsC and SSBB), so why on earth would I wish for something worse than I already have.

You mustn't of played them two games then as there style of play is totally different.

Even Tekken and SoulCalibur play differently.

and i think the problem also lies on the Wii being seen/perceived as a "kiddie" or gimmicky machine. and i also think it is also a matter of the hardware. until we see a follow-up to the Wii (with 720p/1080p capability, HDMI, improved wi-fi, etc.) and developers and publishers taking it seriously then untill tehn we won't see any serious fighting games come out from our beloved ageing console....

Bleach on wii sucks pretty bad if youre not a fan. Sorry I just had to say that though.

Fighting games can be sliced many ways.The reasons they are all different is beacase certain people like to play a certtain way. If you jump right into a fighting game, TvsC is good. If you want more challenge and a game that requires more discipline, street fighter is good. But remember that theses games have different styles so one game could be fun for one person, but horrible fo another.
You wanna game to play with tons of freinds, get brawl. By your self, Street fighter or tekken. For the wii, TvsC or DBZ Budokai tenkaichi are youre best bets. The latter is cheaper. But as JeremyGTS said(I think it was him), The better fighting games are on the VC.

i have TvC and so far i'm loving it and it's pretty awesome i must say especially with a wiimote you don't need to do some button mashing,etc.

but what VC fighting games can you recommend? are they free?

No they are not
There isnt that many
Super Street fighter 2 turbo and Street fighter Alpha 2 are high on the list
Its to bad that Nintendo are a pain with there VC games other wise we would probably already have some of the best ones and not the ones you can get on those compilation discs for less than they are on the Wii

Back