WiFi Answers (Official Nintendo Site)

phimuajedi69

WiiChat Member
May 9, 2006
NC/SC, US
Most of the questions regarding wifi (from various threads, hence the new one) are covered by this short paragraph from nintendo's contact us site:

The system boasts 512 megabytes of internal flash memory, two USB 2.0 ports and built-in Wi-Fi access. There will be a number of Wi-Fi-enabled launch titles, currently in development, that will employ Nintendo's wireless gaming service, Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. In addition, there will be no charge for Wi-Fi connections, or first-party Nintendo wireless Internet content.

Sorry, no link as it was part of an automattically generated help page.

You will still need the nintendo wifi connector for your pc to actually connect to the service (or a standard wireless router presumably).

Also they say that their will be friendcodes like the ds. A lot of people didn't like the friendcode idea but their sticking to it.

A mate of mine got the "cheap" 360 pack ouch
he had to buy a hdd
wireless router
hd cable
mem card (hdd was sold out)
how

:( I don't have highspeed. It is going to be one of the best parts of the console and I won't be able to take advantage of it.

the freind codes are if you want to set up a private game with someone or chat with someone you know. You can still play random games with people you don't know. That is exactly how it is on most of the ds games except animal crossing becuz you don't want people coming in your village and taking stuff. I just hope there are friend codes for each system instead of each game. I also hope the friend codes aren't really long but something you can easily memorize and give to your friends instead of writing it on paper then giving it to them.

Why can't you just use your nintendo.com username and password to log into your account. Your account will store all sorts of game stats. The frend codes are too messy. I would like it if I could just use my nintendo account.

Now, with this Wifi, does it have to be wireless, or would I be able to use just a plain old ethernet cable?

it would have been better if they added more features to the online gaming, such as many of the things the xbox live has it would be ok if they said that everyone owuld have to pay 5 dollars a month or something for these services.

um no why would we pay for what were already getting for free this has just as many features as xbox live maybe ever more

also i would liek to point out the "friend codes" will be hidden from the players each console will have a nintendo Wi-Fi ID assigned to it and will most likely be linked to a my nintendo account like your DS' NWC ID is. you will probly get a message in your mail box with a number that you will have to copy to conferm you own the wii in question.

TMRevolution said:
Now, with this Wifi, does it have to be wireless, or would I be able to use just a plain old ethernet cable?

Nintendo are releasing a USB-Ethernet adaptor, though you might be able to use a standard one which can be picked up on the market for £10-£20.

Back