wifi questions

Marthmaster

King of pwnage.
Aug 7, 2006
Earth
i was told I didn't need a wifi connector to connect to wifi on the wii, 'cause it was built-in. can somebody tell me EXACTLY What I need to get on wifi on the wii?

okay so.... first of all, it depends on what you already have setup @ your home... If you already have a wireless network @ home, then it's just the matter of setting up your Wii to the network. If you do not have a wireless network, but have a computer with internet, then you can purchase a wifi thingie for the Wii (I believe it's $30). This wifi item is a USB connection and will work with your computer to make your Wii go online. Now... If you do not have neither of those... then you'll have to think of some clever way to get online. Just remember that Wii's have no wired network connections... everything is "wireless" now

I picked up a Modem/Wireless Router for £30 (convert that from Sterling into your local currency).

They're becoming a commodity, so they're pretty cheap these days.

intekmdma said:
okay so.... first of all, it depends on what you already have setup @ your home... If you already have a wireless network @ home, then it's just the matter of setting up your Wii to the network. If you do not have a wireless network, but have a computer with internet, then you can purchase a wifi thingie for the Wii (I believe it's $30). This wifi item is a USB connection and will work with your computer to make your Wii go online. Now... If you do not have neither of those... then you'll have to think of some clever way to get online. Just remember that Wii's have no wired network connections... everything is "wireless" now
okay. thanks haz and intekmdma. i'm broke now, I just wish there was a free way to get on.....i wanna play mario kart.....

wireless router ranges from 1.99-200. welll the 1.99 one was @ the CompUSA black friday.. haha, but get a regular one, $50 will do.

intekmdma said:
wireless router ranges from 1.99-200. welll the 1.99 one was @ the CompUSA black friday.. haha, but get a regular one, $50 will do.
LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!

meh, i'll just see if I can find a deal somewhere.............

Back