Wii > 360? I used to think so.....

chidiesel

WiiChat Member
Dec 18, 2006
So I got my Wii 4 days after it came out, and fell in love with it.....thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. Friends came over, family, everyone had a blast. But now, almost a month after it's release, I'm starting to get bored with it. Wii sports is basically a glorifed demo, and I've never been a big zelda fan.

So I go over my friends house, and he has a 360. He has gears of war, viva pinata, Rainbox Six: Vegas, Oblivion, and Saints Row. EVERY SINGLE GAME was freakin awesome, both in gameplay and graphics. I was completely awestruck especially by Gears of War, and Saints Row, which to me looked to be a better GTA.

Now I am having inner turmoil.....and thinking about selling my Wii to get a 360. XBOX Live is single handedly the best, most fun online service I have ever seen, and will probably never be beat. The high definition graphics, voice capabilites, build in hard drive......it's a tough choice. And for 2007, I saw trailers for like, 6-7 games that all looked worth buying. Dark sector, Mass effect, BioShock, Halo 3.....the list goes on and on.

Are there any good games or an online service coming out for the Wii in 2007? I'm starting to get discouraged :(

traitor. leave this site and never return. the wii will always be the best, theres more than just wii sports and zelda. wake up n smell the coffee, or give it to someone else to enjoy.

XBOX Release date: November 22nd, 2005

Wii release date: November 19th, 2006

There are a few confirmed online titles for next year...

Pokemon, SSBB, Mario Strikers, Battalion Wars are the only ones I can remember off the top of my head but I'm sure there are going to be plenty more. SSBB and Battalion Wars would be worth it completely.

ottoman said:
traitor. leave this site and never return. the wii will always be the best, theres more than just wii sports and zelda. wake up n smell the coffee, or give it to someone else to enjoy.
he has got 1 post. when did he join? :wtf:

I joined today. I'm not trying to bash the Wii guys, I love the system. I just want to know if there's anything down the pipeline that can compete with what the 360 is offering, which is amazing as well. I'm trying to find a reason not to sell it, help me out!

Peripheral, thanks for the list of games. SSBB does indeed, look awesome. How will it control with the wii-remote though?

chidiesel said:
Peripheral, thanks for the list of games. SSBB does indeed, look awesome. How will it control with the wii-remote though?

I'm pretty sure it's going to either use the classic controller or the gamecube controllers. I've read that they want the control scheme to stay the same for this game.

Well yeah, those 360 games you mentioned are great because they're basically second generation games. If you wait, you'll get games like SSBB, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime: Corruption, Prince of Persia, Mario Kart, and probably a better Red Steel 2. Sorry, but most videogame systems are dull for the first few months they're out because most launch titles are lame. This time next year, or even by this summer, you'll probably regret selling your Wii.

That's my opinion.

Thanks for info guys. I have been looking up all these games on IGN's web site and all of them do look awesome.

Also, everything I read on pretty much all the forums out there say to go both, or "Wii60". I think I'll just save up for a 360 and have both.....becuase I can't choose. Both systems do their own thing so well, but are lacking something the other has. I guess the only solution is to, indeed, go Wii60 :)

Back