Wii > 360? I used to think so.....

chidiesel said:
So I got my Wii 4 days after it came out, and fell in love with it.....thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. Friends came over, family, everyone had a blast. But now, almost a month after it's release, I'm starting to get bored with it. Wii sports is basically a glorifed demo, and I've never been a big zelda fan.

So I go over my friends house, and he has a 360. He has gears of war, viva pinata, Rainbox Six: Vegas, Oblivion, and Saints Row. EVERY SINGLE GAME was freakin awesome, both in gameplay and graphics. I was completely awestruck especially by Gears of War, and Saints Row, which to me looked to be a better GTA.

Now I am having inner turmoil.....and thinking about selling my Wii to get a 360. XBOX Live is single handedly the best, most fun online service I have ever seen, and will probably never be beat. The high definition graphics, voice capabilites, build in hard drive......it's a tough choice. And for 2007, I saw trailers for like, 6-7 games that all looked worth buying. Dark sector, Mass effect, BioShock, Halo 3.....the list goes on and on.

Are there any good games or an online service coming out for the Wii in 2007? I'm starting to get discouraged :(

lol do what ever you want if you wanna sell your wii and get a 360 by all means go ahead cause there are games that you said that looks good to you . but if i was in your postion i would wait alittle to see wat the wii has to offer ..and just go to your friends house and play on his 360 lol

get a 360, me and my friends were the same way and then when i got one i was like: wow, ive been missing out big time

chidiesel said:
So I got my Wii 4 days after it came out, and fell in love with it.....thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. Friends came over, family, everyone had a blast. But now, almost a month after it's release, I'm starting to get bored with it. Wii sports is basically a glorifed demo, and I've never been a big zelda fan.

So I go over my friends house, and he has a 360. He has gears of war, viva pinata, Rainbox Six: Vegas, Oblivion, and Saints Row. EVERY SINGLE GAME was freakin awesome, both in gameplay and graphics. I was completely awestruck especially by Gears of War, and Saints Row, which to me looked to be a better GTA.

Now I am having inner turmoil.....and thinking about selling my Wii to get a 360. XBOX Live is single handedly the best, most fun online service I have ever seen, and will probably never be beat. The high definition graphics, voice capabilites, build in hard drive......it's a tough choice. And for 2007, I saw trailers for like, 6-7 games that all looked worth buying. Dark sector, Mass effect, BioShock, Halo 3.....the list goes on and on.

Are there any good games or an online service coming out for the Wii in 2007? I'm starting to get discouraged :(

Im in the same boat as you, but it only took me two weeks. Sell the damn thing. I would sell mine, but my g/f would put me in the dog house since it was my b-day present.

Get Red Steel and Far Cry Vengeance!!!
90's graphics plus Wiitarded gameplay will keep you busy for a few more weeks. :smilewinkgrin:

The Xbox 360 is dropping in price next year... I say sell your wii now, and buy that. THEN a year later when more games come out for the wii, buy it again.

Right now there's only 2 games worth playing, zelda and wii sports.

Yuu said:
The Xbox 360 is dropping in price next year... I say sell your wii now, and buy that. THEN a year later when more games come out for the wii, buy it again.

Right now there's only 2 games worth playing, zelda and wii sports.
i predict $300 for harddrive xbox 360 but comes with everything the core package comes with (only controller and cables) and the harddrive wont come with goodies added on already

and lordsknightn, theres no point in selling it next august, the temptation of selling it now is because you make a nice profit

i personally think PC and Wii is the way to go. Great games on PC and innovation on the Wii. PC Online MP > Any Console.

This thread is so dumb yet so smart.
it's obvious that xbox360 is way better than wii so why do u have to write this thread?
xbox360 is meant to be good. Wii is meant to be..uh...hm... mario, zelda, and metroid prime. Nothing else.
if u buy xbox360 or ps3, u will be able to play so many awesome games.
but if u have wii, u already know that u will end up with mario, zelda, and metroid.

I am not saying that mario, zelda and metroid are bad or anything. it's just that you already know what's gonna happen.
zelda come out, u play.
mario come out, u play.
metroid come out, u play.
new zelda~ yay~ u play.
new mario~ yay~ u play.
new mtroid~ yay~ u play.
wii2 will be released soon~ oh no.
this is the obvious scenario.

you can't expect something awesome or new like gears of war or FF13 or MGS or Halo to come out on wii, but we know mario, zelda, and metroid are on wii.

It's all depends on what u like. If u like mario, zelda, and metroid just like people do since they were born, then that's ur choice.

if u want something revolutionary, get xbox360 or ps3.

xbox360 and ps3 will bring u something totally unexpected.
wii will bring u something that u already know.
so i guess wii is a safer way, since u know that mario is coming and u know that mario is good, but u can't expect mario to do something unexpected.

lordsknightn said:
there will be online that is free and there will be better games. wait till about next August first before u sell it

how do u know the wii online sucks, there isn't online yet and the wii online will be free
xbox 360 silver is free!

I have a Wii and never owned a Xbox 360. I hate when people say the wii is better. NO it's not. You get what you pay for. If the wii was better then it would cost the same or more. It's like comparing a Dual Core 2 machine to a Pentium 3 but with a really cool keyboard and mouse.
Don't get me wrong I love playing the wii and it is what I could afford at the time but to say it is better is a joke.

ics said:
I have a Wii and never owned a Xbox 360. I hate when people say the wii is better. NO it's not. You get what you pay for. If the wii was better then it would cost the same or more. It's like comparing a Dual Core 2 machine to a Pentium 3 but with a really cool keyboard and mouse.
Don't get me wrong I love playing the wii and it is what I could afford at the time but to say it is better is a joke.
Just because something is higher priced does not mean it is better. Look at Alienware or Dell XLS PCs. They're way overpriced and you could build a better PC for half or even a third of their price.

NateTheGreat said:
Just because something is higher priced does not mean it is better. Look at Alienware or Dell XLS PCs. They're way overpriced and you could build a better PC for half or even a third of their price.
and when people say they cant build computers so dont want to try, they can just buy the right part or have a website guide them to purchasing the right parts, then for a probably smallish fee, have people put together the computer for you, and it will still cost less than a alienware or XLS. =]

Back