Wii and my internet

Brent19

WiiChat Member
Feb 17, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
hey guys
new to this forum, and truthfully, new to this whole Wii and internet thing... i downloaded the internet channel and can get to yahoo, Facebook, etc... i tried loading up pandora to listen to while i do some cleaning and it is telling me that "in order to use pandora radio, please upgrade to a more current browser" i am not much of a tech guy so if i can get some help, maybe a step by step on how to do that, that'd be great... i am not sure what type of wii i have a i bought it used off a co-worker really strickly to let my little ones play like sports resort and mario... i figured i'd take advantage of it for internet and what not, but seem to be having more difficulties than i thought i would... any help would be great...
thanks
brent

The Wii's choice browser; Opera; is rather... poor to say the least. If Opera is still supported (hell if I know, I've never used it lol, doubtful I'd ever want to), the Wii isn't going to get new updates any time soon. Sorry to say, but there's nothing you can do to get Pandora working on your Wii through the Internet Channel. :(

Nothing official, anyway. Maybe some diehard Pandora fans made some unofficial patches you could find or somethin'... Doubtful though.

Wii is using a stripped down version of opera specifically made for use on the Wii you'll notice a lot of differences in using the internet on the Wii mainly compatibility issues and with formats and display to say it simply. but you can infact listen to Pandora on Wii as well as watch hulu and use other popular services you normally would on your PC.
One solution is to use the playon software which you can download @ http://www.playon.tv.
Download that on to your PC and install it then goto playon.tv on your Wii and you can stream a variety of content from several popular services but its a 14 day free trail. there are free alternatives available but few worked this well.

Its easy to setup and run just follow the on screen instructions (pictures included) :yesnod:

I can share more information with you about your Wii just send me a private msg and we can talk. Some things are frowned upon in this community

Last edited:
thanks br3. i will look into this a bit. my whole plan with this is to possibley get rid of cable all together and just use netflix and/or hulu plus. i have 2 kids and i hardly ever get to sit down and watch a live tv show, so i am not too concerned about live tv. most of everything i watch is re-runs anyway cause we just have basic cable because we hardly have time to watch it. so having something that will work on my wii that will give me good quality tv, i will be a happy camper... would it be simplar though instead of going thru my wii, to maybe buy a blue ray player or something that can stream these things??? i wasn't sure if sinse my wii is an older one(assuming) if it would work as good as a newer one...
thanks again for the help guys...
appreciate it.
brent

Back