Wii, Another Nintendo Blunder?

BubbleToasteR

WiiChat Member
Nov 29, 2006
Ok,

My feeling of what killed the Gamecube is that it had no game selection what so ever. Games you wouldn't give 2 cents to have. I feel like the Wii is heading toward the same direction the Gamecube did. I looked at some game titles and found..."Barnyard, Avatar, Chicken Little, Cars and Spongebob?" these titles don't really say come and buy me for 50 bucks! Now I believe the Wii has hardcore potential, I have one and I love it, well I love Zelda and Excite Truck, Red steele and COD 3 disapoint me greatly. Also I take into account that it's early and not alot of games are out yet. But I said the same thing about the Gamecube as well...I love Nintendo and I want the Wii to dominate, but with games like "Cars and Barnyard" I feel like it will be another Gamecube blunder. A console is as only good as the games it has and I'm just not seeing anything....

What you're saying would make perfect sense except that the major flaw in your post. And that is that ALL those games you mentioned are marketed towards children and not for adult gamers. Hence the parents of these children will buy these games for them and everybody wins. If you don't like those games don't buy them. Nintendo isn't forcing or begging you to buy "kiddie" games. There are plenty of great games for this system. Otherwise millions of them wouldn't have been sold by now and PS3 would be dominating the market right now. So I think you're not looking at the situation clearly.

The Gamecube suffered from online and third party support. Online problem should obviously be fixed and it seems that the third party developers are very interested in the wii (EA announced like 15 games or something like that. Ubisoft too with Rayman and Red Steel at launch.)

BubbleToasteR said:
I looked at some game titles and found..."Barnyard, Avatar, Chicken Little, Cars and Spongebob?" these titles don't really say come and buy me for 50 bucks! ....., but with games like "Cars and Barnyard" I feel like it will be another Gamecube blunder. A console is as only good as the games it has and I'm just not seeing anything....
Are you aware that movie titles come on al platforms? I have seen all these games on PS2 and XBOX, meaning these systems must be bad too? Or maybe, I need a new pair of shoes

fewfirstchoice said:
Whats DDR?
dance dance revolution. i dont even want to think about how this will be utilized on the wii. *imagines strapping wiimotes to your feet*:arf:

Well theres always gonna be bad games like those games u listed on anty console! But the wii has so many game designers intrested within the wii....so dont think like that, we're gonna get plenty of games!
Oh and Red Steel and COD3 were just launch titles.....so whatd you expect!?
(what was so bad about COD3...besides the multiplayer that was cut out :mad2:)

For those that consider it a cheap gimmick, the way the Wiimote is controlled has caused a lot of people to take the bait, good thing is, so have developers.

I have more confidence in this than I've had for any other console.

PotatoWedgie said:
I don't get why people hate on Red Steel. It's a good game, imo. It feels good to shoot people! XD

Its more of the gaming critics that are concerned about it

Tons of great games are already being planned to be made.. Look at some of the threads on this site showing some of the games coming to the wii

yer there are a few "kiddy games" but that the same on all platforms, Xbox 360,ps3,ps2 ect ect, Trust me many adult games will be coming to the wii in the next couple of months. Nintendo have even said that they trying t get rid of there kiddy image!!

Back