wii console died after software update

m7kirby

WiiChat Member
Jul 8, 2010
california, USA
I recently installed WiFi in my house, and my son decided to try and hook up the wii to the wifi. Apparently, it asked him to install an update and since then, the wii would not play any games. A couple of days later, the console will not turn on at all. Is there a way to restore the console or uninstall the update??

There is no way to "uninstall" the updates.

I am thinking there are two possibilities:

1. You have some sort of major flaw with your system and should contact Nintendo for repairs (hopefully it is still under warranty). Nintendo is very helpful even if you system is out of warranty.

2. You have a modded Wii, in which case, I and this board have no sympathy for you. Your Wii is ruined. You took the risk and lost. The only solution is to purchase a new (unmodded) one.

Thanks

We bought our Wii new from Toys R Us and haven't "modded" it to my knowledge. I'm not very tech savvy with that kind of stuff.

I recently installed WiFi in my house, and my son decided to try and hook up the wii to the wifi. Apparently, it asked him to install an update and since then, the wii would not play any games. A couple of days later, the console will not turn on at all. Is there a way to restore the console or uninstall the update??

awww that sucks D:

We bought our Wii new from Toys R Us and haven't "modded" it to my knowledge. I'm not very tech savvy with that kind of stuff.

This definitely sounds like an issue to contact Nintendo about. Give their customer service department a call. They can be very helpful. Good luck!

Back