wii, FPS dominator?

Dkw0101

Your Savior
Dec 23, 2007
Wii Online Code
3156-1824-0023-3057
does anyone else think the wii will be a dominence in first person shooters?

No.

The controls are there, but there are no notable FPS in the works and all of the FPS games that have been released have been crap.

It has the potential, but right now- no. All the big companies that make them are too concerned about developing for X360 and PS3.

No. Basically all the 360 games are FPS's. Halo, Gears, etc.

No way will the Wii surpass them if a game like Halo doesn't come to it. (It probably won't happen.)

defnitely. it's got great controls, and the graphics are nothing to laugh at (despite what 360 and ps3 dorks have to say). i'd say we can expect at least a few great looking fps titles this year. mohh2 had its flaws, but it shows that the wii IS capable of delivering a solid fps.

I would have said yes over a year ago. Now I say no because Nintendo never stepped up and decided to publish a real shooter. I just don't see a third party making a great shooter for the Wii because Nintendo has tricked them into thinking that the majority of the Wii owners are casual gamers that don't like shooters.

Its really sad because of the console's potential and the hype that went with it.

chill out and give it time. the wii has been out for only a year. my guess is that nintendo is waiting til the insane public demand for wii's dies down to release truly breathtaking titles. the theory is: why bother spending so much effort to make high quality games when ppl want wii's just for wiisports?

i'm guessing sometime this year, wii owners will be getting the games we've been waiting for.

Yeah, Id really seems to like the Wii. We could see a version of Unreal Tournament sooner than you think.

well so far i've seen metroid prime 3 and mohh2, they seem to do well, and 3rd person shooters are going well alo like battalion wars and galaxy if you feel like counting that as a shooter.

I would say the XBox 360 and PS3 both are kings when it comes to the FPS genre. They both have great exclusives like Halo, BioShock, Resistance, Warhawk etc. Controls are also well set up.

The Wii is great when it comes to the control set up...it makes you fell like you actually have a gun in your hand. The only problem is that there are no games that are exclusive and good. Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 is for PSP too, not only Wii.

The potential for First Person Shooter is there, with games like Red Steel and Metroid Prime 3 utilizing the controls very nicely. (Although many consider Metroid Prime 3 a First Person Adventure, it still should get a nod)

With games like Red Steel 2 on the horizon the chances of success are there.

I like the wii pointer controls, especially for sniping. It's just so much easier, faster, and more precise.

but nobody wants to make wii fps games... :( :mad:

Red Steel 2 looks pretty promising, seeing as they say they'll will make the necessary changes to the originial Red Steel formula. The only other shooters I've played are Umbrella Chronicles (maybe not a shooter but it controlls pretty well) and Metroid Prime 3 which while it is an adventure game, cleary has a shooter element at its heart aswell. MOH:H2 isn't out where I'm from yet but I've heard great things about it. So in conclusion, yes the potential for the Wii is all there (perhaps even the capability to surpass the 360 in FPS but who knows?) if only developers will care to invest time and money in Wii only projects.

Back