Wii Guitar Hero III.... Mono sound??

jammerro

WiiChat Member
Dec 7, 2007
I have heard a "rumor" that guitar hero 3 for wii only has mono sound. Can anyone confirm that?
And one more question, do any of you who play guitar hero 3 (for wii), feel any lag? or delay?

Last edited:
Guitar Hero 3 on Wii is currently only has mono sounds. However this issue is being resolved:

IGN said:
When Guitar Hero III was released for the Nintendo Wii on Oct. 28, would-be rockers got a bit of a shock when they plugged in. It turned out the game - advertised as being in stereo and supporting the Dolby Pro Logic II surround-sound standard - was outputting in mono.

Gamers began posting on IGN and other sites the day the game launched, citing examples of the problem and asking for clarification from publisher Activision/Red Octane. For the past few weeks, Activision has remained mostly silent on the issue. But today, in response to our questions about the issue, the company told IGN it is working on the problem and it plans to have a fix available early next year.

"We recently became aware that some consumers have not been able to enjoy the full audio output in the Nintendo Wii version of Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock. We are currently working with Nintendo and are planning to issue an improved audio experience in future versions of the game," said Activision spokeswoman Rhy-Ming Poon. "We expect to have re-mastered discs available by early 2008 and we will be offering consumers replacement discs at no cost once they become available. We thank all of our customers for their support and patience."

Since the issue first came to light there have been 970 posts about the problem on the company's official Guitar Hero III message boards. In the posts, users say they e-mailed Activision technical support about the issue as early as Oct. 29 and reportedly received this response:

"We are looking in to it right now. The time frame is still unknown at the moment we are still looking in to the problem."

We recently tested our copy and confirmed that there is an issue with the game's audio output. IGN's retail copy of the Wii bundle of Guitar Hero III lists the game as being compatible with Dolby Pro Logic II on the box, on the game and in the game manual. The manual also tells players they can turn stereo sound on or off in the game's audio settings menu.

However, the version of the game we tested did not list it as an available option. Making sure stereo was turned on in the Wii's main menu, we rocked out to Foghat's "Slow Ride," using headphones to listen to the audio output. Both the left and right audio channels produced the same output – a mono signal.

Guitar Hero III was developed by Neversoft, ported to the Wii by Vicarious Visions and published by Red Octane – all of which fall under the Activision corporate umbrella.

I don't feel any lag or delap when I'm playing.

Yeah getting this for Christmas. Can't wait

I havn't got Surround sound so I'm sorted. I would like a bigger TV though =/
I need a job lol

yep, it's a little annoying on our 5.1 home theater system. GH3 is still fun, although I've read that the mono sound messes up co-op mode since there's no left and right outputs. Hopefully it'll be fixed by the time they make the guitar available w/o the game :).

supanova said:
I assume it would only really be noticeable if you had kick ass surround sound?

I'm enjoying my copy.
indeed
it is noticeable XD

jimbo said:
ok what does mono actualy do(i have neaver known)

and how the suppost to fix it??

Mono = single channel sound, old OLD stuff

Although a fix has not been announced, it is likely the fix will be a recall & replacement disc.

if you're having a lag problem, its probably cuz you have an HDTV, so you would need to go to the options and do the calibrate lag crap, which i hate. this is for a versions of the game and not just the wii.

supanova said:
Has anyone been having problems with the whammy bar being non-responsive?

Anyway, quoting myself I see. But I need help with this, for some reason my whammy bar seems to be getting in the habit of being non-responsive. Most times it works fine and then other times it doesn't work at all.

For instance, I do battles online and I'm a ****ing master, unless I get pwned by the whammy bar needing to be put back in place and, like a damn sucker, I lose.

Any advice?

supanova said:
Anyway, quoting myself I see. But I need help with this, for some reason my whammy bar seems to be getting in the habit of being non-responsive. Most times it works fine and then other times it doesn't work at all.

For instance, I do battles online and I'm a ****ing master, unless I get pwned by the whammy bar needing to be put back in place and, like a damn sucker, I lose.

Any advice?

Make sure you're not accidentally holding down the whammy bar when you plug the Wii Remote into the guitar. I used to lay the guitar face-down to put the remote in until I realized that threw off the whammy bar and made it not work. Hope this helps.

Back