Wii having production issues?

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
According to Chinese gaming site pcgames.com.cn, Nintendo have hit a few snags in the Wiimote production tests.

Here's a summary translation of the article:
The whole article is mainly talking about that there has been some problems with the ‘in production’ wii controller, which resulted that even Nintendo won’t know when is the right time to launch the Wii…The Chinese folks in the factory said that small glichtes with the controller such as an less responsive or less sensative button, some controllers are hard to push two buttons at once, or even no response when the button is pressed. They also said that the shell of the controller is really fragile, and when the controller is used normally, it’ll make wierd sounds when you press down a button. This is just the first hardware test by the manufaturer, when all the hardware issues are resolved, they still need to send it to Nintento in Japan to have a second hardware test regarding to the bluetooth technology with the main Wii hardware.

There has been some discussion about the reliability of the article, but no conclusive evidence either way as of yet.

source: http://www.pcgames.com.cn/tvgames/topic/psp/information/otherinf/0608/815722_1.html via http://www.gonintendo.com/

Interesting... I hope it doesn't postpone the release for too long though! Don't want Myers to forget about my pre order :p

I certainly hope they come to some sort of resolve though, as one of Nintendo's Hallmarks of their products is their rock-solid construction. Seriously, have you guys seen the DS stress test video? the 64 or GameCube stress test? its pretty impressive and I hope they continue the same tradition with the Wii.

Ok its fake...PSP FUN STATON IS WHERE YOU GOT IT FROM?? i0n why would you even post that! its from a psp website!? psp is mad at nintendo who killing it in handhelds

well this is a possibility that they are having troubles because the Wii is such a new product....design and everything that they can be hitting problems they've never seen before......so who knows

Not entirely sure about this. I mean, surely these kinds of problems would have been sorted out. Not forgetting the fact that the buttons are digitial, which means they're either on or off.
less responsive or less sensative button
Either it would work, or it wouldn't. Besides, the complaints that they're giving are more to do with manufacturing faults, and not to do with the technology itself. I doubt Nintendo will employ anyone to manufacture the hardware whom they thought were incapable of taking on the task. Besides, there is too many complaints about them to be taken seriously. Almost sounds like each individual controller is having it's each individual problem. The last thing we need is a hypercondriac remote, and I'm pretty sure Nintendo didn't say anything about it:D.

I'm pretty sure this is fake. Besides, aren't Nintendo meant to be really far into the manufacturing process by now (as in further than the first few batches of the Wiimotes?). Likewise, what about the Wiimotes at E3? We didn't hear any of these complaints against them, and surely they would have been manuifactured the same way.

P.S. Notice the spelling mistake of "sensitive" (as Sensative). Methinks this didn't come from an official source, and shouldn't be trusted...

Squall7 said:
Not entirely sure about this. I mean, surely these kinds of problems would have been sorted out. Not forgetting the fact that the buttons are digitial, which means they're either on or off. Either it would work, or it wouldn't. Besides, the complaints that they're giving are more to do with manufacturing faults, and not to do with the technology itself. I doubt Nintendo will employ anyone to manufacture the hardware whom they thought were incapable of taking on the task. Besides, there is too many complaints about them to be taken seriously. Almost sounds like each individual controller is having it's each individual problem. The last thing we need is a hypercondriac remote, and I'm pretty sure Nintendo didn't say anything about it:D.

I'm pretty sure this is fake. Besides, aren't Nintendo meant to be really far into the manufacturing process by now (as in further than the first few batches of the Wiimotes?). Likewise, what about the Wiimotes at E3? We didn't hear any of these complaints against them, and surely they would have been manuifactured the same way.

P.S. Notice the spelling mistake of "sensitive" (as Sensative). Methinks this didn't come from an official source, and shouldn't be trusted...
yor right no reliable source would make so many errors come this is defintly fake not to metion wrong

Okay just read what i0ns said. ITS A TRANSLATION. That means that whoever translated it made some mistakes. Thats all. Its not because theres some errors that its fake, or ''wrong''.
Im pretty sure theres some problem with the controllers. I mean, thats kind of normal with a new technology like this. And as for the one at E3, I believe they were more cautious when they made them, now they are making tons of consoles to be shipped so they have less time to make sure every single controller are perfect.
PS. In touch with the wii, Your talking about reliable sources making mistakes... You should watch yours too...:scared:

Last edited:
Back