Wii in Australia thread

yeah some posts on this thread have been deleted

oh wellz, im sure its not because of racism :p

You'd think they would have the decency to say that they did, so then we could flame them!

BASS FOR THE WIN!!! MY ROOM IS SHAKING LIKE CRAZY!!!!

AND HISTORY ASSIGNMENTS SUCK!!! AND SO DOES PE ****ING DANCCE!!!

Can;t wait till the holidays, honestly can't.

I hate the holidays. I have work basically all week since I'm not at school. And I have summer school for 2 days because our teacher is taking a holiday for 2 weeks, so we have full day make up classes ;o-o
A press conference in Tokyo has unveiled some new games for the WiiWare service today, including Alien Crush and Blue Oasis. The most detailed game was Karaoke Joysound Wii, which is being developed by Hudson, who were responsible for the Mario Party games.

The title is set to feature a large amount of downloadable content, with Hudson aiming to have 20 000 songs available on the title's launch, and an extra 1000 each month. This title will be set up somewhat differently than normal WiiWare games, however - karaoke enthusiasts will download the program for the title from a dedicated server, which will also be the home of the songs Hudson will upload.

hmmz, yes more wii news is needed!

Australia's rating system to remain unchanged

Aussie Nintendo said:
March 28, 2008 - Today's Standing Committee of Attorneys-General has resulted in no changes to the ratings system in Australia, although there's still the chance that the changes can be made later this year.

The Attorneys-General could not come to an agreement that the ratings system for video games should be changed, with positive support for the change shown by the Victorian Deputy Premier/Attorney-General Rob Hulls in particular. "I believe that censorship laws should strike an appropriate balance between freedom of expression and community concerns about depictions that condone or incite violence, as well as the principle that minors should be protected from material likely to harm or disturb them," said Minister Hulls.

He argued that the parental controls in latest generation consoles allowed parents the ability to limit their childrens' access to harmful material, and also commented that "It seems inconsistent that in Australia, adults are allowed to view 'adult only' films which have been classified R18+ by the Classification Board, but not computer games with an equivalent high level content."

Michael Atkinson, Attorney-General for South Australia, was the most prominent in arguing against the proposed changes. Minister Atkinson's arguments were made to protect children from "potentially harmful material" in video games, as he felt that "their interactive nature could exacerbate their impact." However, he also acknowledged that his preventing the change was restricting the choices of adults in this field.

IEAA CEO Ron Curry commented that he's pleased to see the issue being moved to public discussion, saying "Our belief is that good legislation comes from a reflection of community sentiment, so the process that the attorney-general is outlining gives us the opportunity to move this into the public forum for discussion."

"We understand that there is a robust legislative process that things must go through, so we have to work through that whole process."

Update!!

Aussie Nintendo said:
It seems that the outcome of yesterday's meeting between the Attorneys-General was not as unsuccessful as first thought. ABC had reported yesterday that the aim of the Standing Committee of Attorneys-General was not in fact to decide whether to change the ratings, but to discuss whether the issue should be taken to the public for consultation. In this sense the meeting was successful, as reported above the issue will be opened to public consultation later this year.

EA brings fun to the younger DS crowd with Zubo

Aussie Nintendo said:
March 28, 2008 - Electronic Arts' Casual Entertainment label has announced via a press release that they're bringing a new title to the DS in the form of Zubo, a "music-based rhythm-action adventure" which is aimed purely at children aged 7-11.

A new IP for EA, Zubo is set in the world of Zubalon, in which the player assists the Zubos to save their world from total domination by another clan known as the Zombos. The player can "befriend the Zubos they meet along the way, feed and nurture them, help them gain skills and strength, and assist them in their battles."

Harvey Elliott, head of the EA Bright Light studio in the UK, commented that "Zubo represents the culmination of a dedicated incubation project, which specifically sought to develop a new videogame property for boys and girls under 12."

"The team here has designed a rich, immersive and, above all, enjoyable experience – one that will live in the schoolyard, at home or on the move."

Music plays a major role in Zubo, showing up as the currency (in the form of musical notes), as well as the plants of Zubalon playing tunes. Tapping the stylus on the touch screen in time with battles is the key to winning as well, so a good sense of rhythm will help. The game will also feature mini-games, as well as the opportunity to explore Zubalon, and with 55 Zubos to find, the game won't be a short one.

Zubo will be released on the DS in Autumn in the UK.

All quoted from my lovable site!!

If we dont have a R rating, then games will be banned or stripped down to suit the MA+ rating

That is quite bad for the people who are capable of playing these games

...Or people could learn to read the box.

Its not that hard to read the back. You can instantly tell what type of game it is and the level of content in it

Well first it needs to be legal

EDIT HAPPY BDAY BIGWILLY, how old r ya now??

Extremely old i know, but still worth seeing if you havent yet

March 23rd Sales Chart

Attachments

• mar23.allgamestop10.gif
    mar23.allgamestop10.gif
    28.4 KB · Views: 97
  • mar23.top10wiigames.gif
    mar23.top10wiigames.gif
    27.5 KB · Views: 99
Back