Wii, is just too....Kiddy

Big_Mill said:
Ive had a similar worry but more about every game just being a warioware mini game sort of thing, If I want that ill use my DS.

Other than that I thought Id play Zelda non stop and hardly touch wii sports. In fact I play Wii Sports loads and im largely unimpressed with Zelda.

Same here about the Zelda game!! :D

Well, I think you can define kids games as easy to pick up and play and not too complicated. Nintendo wanted to get people who wouldn't play games normally to play the Wii. So they made the games easy to pick up and not too complicated.

I think its nice to see something new out in the gaming scene tbh, i mean aren't we all bored of the next gen Halo's and Metal Gear Solids DOUBLE YAWN!!! I know i am, Its nice to play on something new and refreshing imo:smilewinkgrin: .

wiiroxmysox said:
Ditto! The PS3 is blah to me, not as good as I expected. Wii is a refreshing change.

Ditto x2. My friend has a PS3, but it's already collecting dust in his basement. Not to down Sony though. They did a good job with this product, but they're thinking way too ahead of time.

^^^^its not the system,its the games
PS3= more of the same,with the worst launch line up ever.
even the N64 had a better launch with only 2 games.

Sadness, Red Steel, Call Of Duty, Prince Of Perisa, Tony Hawks aint kiddy and aint anyone herd of havin a laugh lol.

Icuic said:
I tend to find that people always assume that brightly coloured and lacking blood automatically makes a game kiddie. And those people seem to be the ones that can't have fun in a game unless you can perform some sort of headshot or fatality move. My father happens to be one of these people and I find it to be a shame.

So far, I think the game line up for the Wii is quite 'Cute'. Not kiddie. Every game I've played can be enjoyed by kids and adults alike. Ok, there's not much blood in Raving Rabbids (or even Trauma Centre) and you can't headshot someone in Wii Sports but still, they're still fun even if you are over the age of 18, or below it as the case may be for some.

Soon, I have no doubt, there will be games to rival GTA and Gears of War for the gore and the much loved 'something for mothers to complain' about factor (And I can't wait for the 'GTA on the Wii taught my stupid child how to twist a knife in someones gut with it's motion sensing technology, it should be banned, banned I say'). And then all those who can only have fun by performing something that is illegal in real life on a computer game will be happy, because 90% of so called adult games are just about that.

If we're really lucky, we'll have what I personally would consider to be a true adult game sometime soon too. Something with a mature story and indepth gameplay that doesn't rely on realistic blood splatters or mammary gland physics to make it adults only. With the pointer possibilities classic point and click adventure could be easily made. Imagine it, a Monkey Island console game that isn't complete and utter rubbish. Dialogue that goes over kiddies heads, humour that borders on too dark, insult swordfighting.... the true ingredients of mature gaming.

Quote for truth.

Right... so you need good graphics to have fun? Would you rather have a **** game with brilliant graphics or a game with lower quality graphics but extremly fun. Its not 'kiddy', if it was why would millions of grown-ups buy it?

Wii_Fan said:
Right... so you need good graphics to have fun? Would you rather have a **** game with brilliant graphics or a game with lower quality graphics but extremly fun. Its not 'kiddy', if it was why would millions of grown-ups buy it?

Both good consoles... each have their goods.

Call of Duty, Zelda, Red Steel, Need For Speed, Far Cry.........they are all T+.

Back