wii lan daptor

samantha

WiiChat Member
Jan 2, 2008
purchased wii lan adaptor today thought great get online but it dont seem to be working error codes keep coming up checked them in the book, turnt it off left it 30 secs turn it back on still no joy anyone else been having problems? thinking of taking it back and getting a router other wise thanks

how did you go about it would you go through it with me please im getting really frustrated gone though the books im not a computer whizz kid but i do know abit about them would be appreciate thanks pro gamer

A router would be a better decision. You may as well utilize the WiFi.

i know but i thought this would work ive payed 20 pound for the lan adaptor 7.99 for the cable feel like throwing wii out of the window

Well tell me how you're connecting it. I'm assuming (hoping) you're using a broadband connection. So if you were to connect your Wii you wouldn't be online with your computer, unless you're using a hub or a switch.

im connecting it through my broadband i can still have comp on because the cable for the lan adaptor end is different too the cable i need to have comp on so i can have both on if that makes sense

You get the lan adpater and connect it to the wii. and you get the ethernet cable and connect it to the lan adapter and into the router.

Alright this is how it works.

You can't have your computer and Wii connected to the internet at one time if you only have the Broadband modem. You can however just disconnect the wire from your computer and then connect it to the adapter which you would connect to your Wii. If you want to have both connected at the same time you will need a wired or wireless router.

If that is right you should disconnect the comp. and connect your wii.

Listen to Clarke. You need a router either way if you want to share your internet connection between 2 devices (your computer and the Wii). A wireless router will let you use the built-in wifi of the Wii, otherwise you can use the USB LAN adapter for the Wii and run a network cable from the Wii to the router. Either way, you need a router.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/online.jsp

Back