Status
Not open for further replies.

vashivihan

Let There Be Rock
Oct 24, 2007
canada
Wii Online Code
8799-9801-1544-7718
The Wii have a great innovative use of channels. Weather channel (doesn’t work), News Channel, (rarely used), Everybody Votes Channel (decent…), and so on. And Channels we still have yet to get, such as Everybodys Nintendo Channel, Mario Kart Wii Channel, and more to come. By why don’t we take a look at some channels Nintendo should start looking into? Here is Wii Live’s top 5 Channel Idea’s.

Demo Channel

Go ahead, say “Wii doesn’t have a hard drive! It can’t have demos!” Well, first off, I’m pretty sure that Nintendo will unveal a hard drive, or some sort of better solution at E3, but it seems they have found a different way to save space, of course, not as easy as an HDD or HDD support.
Nintendo revealed that with there Wii Ware titles, when downloaded, the game files are compressed into a much smaller size, how much smaller? Not quite sure, but from the way it sounds, it could be more then half the size.

When the game is booted, the file is decompressed, and the full game is played. Now, why can’t Nintendo do this with Demos? With the money Nintendo has been raking in, I’m sure the costs of developing a demo can’t be much. I wouldn’t be surprised if Nintendo made a demo channel. Making a HDD or a firmware update for HDD support isn’t hard, and once that is done, the oppurtunity for demo’s is wide open.

Chat Channel

Why not? Nintendo is going to support voice chat soon, with IGN predicting Q3, and a headset peripheral is likely to be announced at E3, and Keyboard funcionality is already supported. I don’t want to have people on my Wii Console friends list just so I can show them the Borat Mii I made. Some more communication would be nice.

Once Nintendo finally starts supporting Voice Chat, you should be able to communicate with you’re Wii friends alot more. The chat channel could allow you and a friend, or a group of friends, to set up a chat room, either Text, or Voice.

Stat Channel

Lets be honest. Nintendo doesn’t have the biggest selection of WiFi compatible games for Wii. So why would it be hard to track all the stats from each game in one channel? The stat channel could be you’re official source for the leader boards from every Nintendo WiFi compatible game for Wii. Some may say it is pointless, but why not? It could be useful. It could track detailed stats for specific games, such as kills and deaths, how many times you have smash attacked someone, which character is often used, all of this for Brawl.
Sports Channel

If Japan gets exclusive channels, then America should too. There is alot of news going on in sports outside of Wii Sports, weather it’s Baseball, Football, Basket Ball, or any other sport. The Sport Channel will give you all the latest highlights, scores, player news, and why not pause Smash Bros to check out how you’re teams doing? Wait a minute. You don’t pause Smash Bros….

Community Channel

One of the things the Wii is extreamly lacking is an online community. This is one of the channel ideas that is probably least likely to come true. The Wii Community Channel is the place where you go to hang with other Wii owners. Sort of like a Message Board kinda thing, except as a channel on you’re wii. Find people who play the same games as you, add them to you’re Wii friends list, then school them online.

There you have it. Now remember, these are just channel suggestions, weather they are likely to come true or not, these are channels we think would be cool to have. Thanks for reading Wii Live’s Top 5 Channel Idea’s

so true. linkage

How about a 'Playboy Channel' which could be linked to a 'Everybody votes for a Playmate' :ihih:

Movie trailer channel. Music channel.

How long would that seriously take to download a movie trailer. A quarter screen, a couple of mins max. Same wiith a music channel.

if the wii had a hard drive then i would think it would be cool if they had a rent movie channel kinda like the 360

I don't care if they add channels, what they REALLY need to do is fix their online friend system. It's horrible.

thats some great channels

mine: the lottery channel
a random wii friend code gets ppicked winner gets 3000 wii points

Demo Channel would be pretty nice, but a hard drive really is needed. Unless they did decide to compress the demo's but still. If we had a drive we could add all these channels no problem.

Voice chat should package or launch with Animal Crossing, thats my guess. Maybe Pikmin 3? Chat Channel has a decent chance of happening in my books, at least we know voice chat is coming soon. Chat channel could lead to that community channel which is a big step up on the Mii Channel.

I would like those three to happen.

dont quote me on this, but i think i read somewhere that nintendo is actually planning on releasing a demo channel, altho dont get ur hopes up based on me, i cant even remember where or if i read that

13ofHEARTS said:
dont quote me on this, but i think i read somewhere that nintendo is actually planning on releasing a demo channel, altho dont get ur hopes up based on me, i cant even remember where or if i read that

would that be everybody's nintendo channel which lets u download demos for your ds?

vashivihan said:
would that be everybody's nintendo channel which lets u download demos for your ds?

oh yeah, rite, thats probably wat im thinkin about! thanks

How long has the wii been on the market and how many "updates" have there been? Let alone new chanels! How far apart between chanels and what the hell is Nintendo doing with that spare time while we "the paying gamer" twiddle our thumbs in anguish due to lack of community, online play, and for godsakes even a headset of some kind?!! Personally I would love to see a video headset, but with the big N and the three sizes to small panties they're wearing I know that this is but a distant dream....:sick:

I hate to say this, but nintendo need to let HBC stay, It's the reason i got my wii,

I hate to say this, but nintendo need to let HBC stay, It's the reason i got my wii,

You posted in a thread that was last posted in 2 years ago.

Oh look it's Can'tGetAWii!... I miss CGAW. :(

they need to make hacking your wii legal that way it would be more fun to play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back