Wii menu problem

jason416

WiiChat Member
Feb 1, 2008
Wii Online Code
8204-3159-3293-3808
I have a question about the wii menu.
U know how on the wii menu, there is a cursar u move around to click on certain things?
Well, Somereason, my wii menu cursar is shaky..
And i saw other videos for wii menu video on yotube and its not shaky at all.

There are a few things you can do. The first thing to do is make sure the batteries are not low. Second, make sure there is no sunlight hitting the Wii Remote. Third, hit the Wii Remote against your hand a few times.

If none of those things work, then send back the product.

FR. said:
There are a few things you can do. The first thing to do is make sure the batteries are not low. Second, make sure there is no sunlight hitting the Wii Remote. Third, hit the Wii Remote against your hand a few times.

If none of those things work, then send back the product.

Well, my wii mote is fully charged, and its winter so there wasn't any sunlight and if i hit my wiimote agaisnt my hand, wouldnt that dmg my wiimote?

Yes, make sure there is no other light source interrupting the IR.

Take off the back cover of the wii mote where you put batteries and press the red button, now open the slot on the console where the sd card goes and press that red button.

The controls should now be synchronized:)

Cpt.McCloud said:
Yes, make sure there is no other light source interrupting the IR.

Take off the back cover of the wii mote where you put batteries and press the red button, now open the slot on the console where the sd card goes and press that red button.

The controls should now be synchronized:)

you mean that red button that says reset? (wii mote)

jason416 said:
you mean that red button that says reset? (wii mote)

No.

Where you insert your batteries, there is a small red button that says 'sync'

Go to the wii settings menu and go to sensor bar and do the calibration. also be sure your sensor bar is aimed at you straight and without anything blocking it.

I have the same problem but only in Wii Mii channel. It gets shaky, in the main menu or anything else the cursor is fine. Is that common? not much of a big issue with me.

I have this problem - only in daytime. But since I never play games during the day it doesn't bother me. Also, try looking for any IR sources near your TV too, or small lights (not the time of year, admittedly, but Christmas lights can interfer with the Wii Remote)

david.d said:
I have this problem - only in daytime. But since I never play games during the day it doesn't bother me. Also, try looking for any IR sources near your TV too, or small lights (not the time of year, admittedly, but Christmas lights can interfer with the Wii Remote)

Yeah, I think he may have a light problem although re syncing and calibrating should give us an idea. If Sync and calibrate doesn't work then he definitely has light leaks.

When i first got my wii i had this same problem. But i remember some1 posting a way to make it "less" shaky anyways, what i did was go to Wii Setting --> Sensor Bar --> Sensitivity --> and turn it up from default (3) to 4 or 5 (for some reason i find 4 works better then 5) so try that :yesnod:

zero7980 said:
If you move closer to the sensor bar, does the problem continue?

I dont know, and what do u mean 0? >_>

Does that mean, i have to get my wii fixed or wiimote T_T?
because all the game play, works (mario galaxy) wii sports. ....

Back