Status
Not open for further replies.

pvtjohndoe

Happy Wii Owner
Nov 14, 2006
Seattle, WA
Wii Online Code
3507-4384-8234-9657
I will be attempting to buy a Wii from a local store on launch day (if the camping fanboys don't take them all first.)

My Wii will be set up on a 16:9 cinema projector, the picture measuring about 13.5' diagonal. I'm worried about how games that require aiming (as well as the UI) will work. I was reading a review by someone that tested the Wii on a large projection screen, and they said that the Wiimote need to be pointed at an area fairly close to the sensor bar in order to work properly. Is there any known/planned way that I could have the cursor/crosshairs appear where I am actually aiming the Wiimote? Is this how the "zapper" accessory is supposed to work?

My other concern is how the controller will perform at distances greater than the max suggested distance of 8 feet. Depending on their height, people will need to stand 8.5+ feet away from the screen to avoid casting a shadow. What sort of adverse effects might this have on gameplay?

Thanks in advance!

You point it at the Sensor Bar, which has a 10ft long cable. maybe more to the side more so you don't cast shadows? or higher if you have the ceiling height

I read on Penny-Arcade.com that the cable is 11 feet, 7 inches long?

" I don't think I'll even be able to set mine up, when I snare one next week - I'll admit that my setup is somewhat unorthodox, with an IKEA cabinet in the back of the room holding all the gear and a cord going up to a ceiling mounted projector. The problem is that the sensor bar attaches with a cable, and like many physical objects this cable is subject to limitations - in this case, a length of ten feet or so.

Eleven feet, seven inches actually. Does that length commemorate something? It's an odd span."

anyone know if there is a longer cord for the sensor bar that will be avalible? If I can not use the Wii with my projector I really wont be able to use it ... I just don't think I could go back to my regular TVs for game play.

Sorry, but I'm gonna have to close this thread because this question has been posed and answered a number of times. Don't worry, this isn't a punishment, it just cuts down on confusion and duplicate threads. You're new here, so it's quite alright.:)

Go to the following thread in the Wii Chat section for answers and if you have anymore questions, ask them there: Projection wii

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back