wii on line CONNECTION

linv5800

WiiChat Member
Jul 18, 2007
hello all , just got my wii today at walmart for 249 ! anyway ,
i have comcast internet with a usb internet connection and a lan .
is there anyway of connecting to the internet without the lan adaptor oR the
usb wireless thingy from nintendo ? Any help would be appreciated !!!! thanks and GREAT FORUM !!!!!!!!!!!!! :aureola:

All I have is the Comcast Modem.

Thanks.

And I'm William

Dont get the Nintendo USB WIFI adapter. It sucks.

Does your cable modem have an ethernet port as well?

yes it has an ethernet .
my daughter has been posting , im back now and this is my posts again ..

Okay, you need a Nintendo LAN adapter. Get this and hook it to the back of your Wii, then connect and ethernet cable to the other end of the adapter and then to your modem. Of you have had a computer connected to the modem, you will have to unplug the modem for about 30 seconds before hooking the Wii to it to erase any stored data. Then just turn everything on and go to Wii settings and follow the steps!

Wiibads suggestion will work but its far from optimal.

The best advice would be to buy a wireless router so that the Wii and the PC can share the connection and you dont need to run a cable across the room.

Yep...do what the blonde chick said. You can get a wireless router at Best Buy/Walmart/Target/anywhere for just about the same price as Nintendo USB Wi-Fi or LAN "thingie". Plus, the wireless router (it will also have Ethernet ports) creates a home network so that multiple devices (i.e. Wii, PC) can share the Comcast Internet connection to your home. Just run the ethernet from the Comcast modem to the router, and then connect PC (ethernet or wireless) and the Wii (wireless) to the router.

braschlosa said:
Wiibads suggestion will work but its far from optimal.

The best advice would be to buy a wireless router so that the Wii and the PC can share the connection and you dont need to run a cable across the room.

hmmm u said in another post that the wifi adapter sucks so y u telling this guy 2 buy a wireless router [just wanted 2 know wtf is going on]

The adapter is actually for the home PC/network, not the Wii console. The Wii has WiFi already built in. The WiFi adapter is a USB device that plugs into your PC to make your PC a wireless access point to the Internet. This is what the blonde chick thinks is sucky. It apparently doesn't do a good job making the home PC/network WiFi capable to take advantage of the Wii's built-in WiFi capability.

A wireless router is designed to do this and much more. It would be much more robust and can connect to any wireless device vs. a USB dongle put out by Nintendo that only talks to the Wii (I'm assuming) and is a weak signal.

Last edited:
Back