Wii Online Date Set!

Wii_BrEnDo2007 said:
may i ask why?
You wanna hear.

Nintendo has had years to plan online gaming. They know online gaming is important. And 7 months later they plan to release the first online enabled game that is laggy, requires friend codes, and to actually play the game and have a chance to compete against others. You have to buy the Pokemon DS game. I don't have a DS and I don't plan on getting one. If I did I would have to pay for the DS ($130.00), the Pokemon DS game ($34) and the actual Pokemon Wii game ($50). I spend over $200 to play a Wii game to the fullest extent, that is laggy, horrible friend system, no mic support. This is very dissapointing, very. Wi-fi games should of been in at launch not 7 months after launch. For god sakes I was playing CS back in 1998.

ZinGy said:
Very dissapointing. Nintendo has lost me as a customer.

Agreed.

The game list is crap.
They've mucked up again.

Suppose they'll bring out a pile of crap gimick of a channel to pass the time.
The SD cards are pointless, the wii can;t even recognise the saved data on an sd card instead it has to be saved to the wii.

VC games are a mess there should be a channel to keep them tidy.

Really soe of these things take as long as the voting channel took to make a day.

Looks like my wii may be going on ebay when there's demand for it again.

Pleased I bought a 360 now.

ZinGy said:
You wanna hear.

Nintendo has had years to plan online gaming. They know online gaming is important. And 7 months later they plan to release the first online enabled game that is laggy, requires friend codes, and to actually play the game and have a chance to compete against others. You have to buy the Pokemon DS game. I don't have a DS and I don't plan on getting one. If I did I would have to pay for the DS ($130.00), the Pokemon DS game ($34) and the actual Pokemon Wii game ($50). I spend over $200 to play a Wii game to the fullest extent, that is laggy, horrible friend system, no mic support. This is very dissapointing, very. Wi-fi games should of been in at launch not 7 months after launch. For god sakes I was playing CS back in 1998.

I agree but I'm willing to give them some more time. Hopefully it will improve. No one is perfect from the start. At least lets be glad they haven't gone Sony's route...All Nintendo needs to do is realize that not everyone is 10 yrs old.

GREAT NEWS, and the fact that we wont have to play friend v friend all the time is awesome also!!

look, everybody needs to calm down. ds has mics coming out soon and there will be games that support it. the wii might be laggy, but ive rarely had problems playing online with the ds. several problems with nintendos online system:
1 get rid of the f***ing friend code system. nobody has ever been molested online
2 make it so you can connect easier. i guarantee you every 10 seconds somebody somewhere makes a post saying: I got error code _ please help.

other than those, im really waiting to see what will happen with corruption and brawl, then i will make my judgment.
ps: what the hell happened to blazing angels?

I have that the only reason why the Japanese Pokemon Wii game has friend codes is because they did not have time to fully set up the online system to use the Wii address on your system meaning that the NTSC (I think thats what its called) and PAL version will use the Wii code, and keep in mind that Pokemon was a launch title

i can see why some guys are bitching about nintendo losing customers. But if u want online straight away u should have bought an xbox, because nintendo said that online will take a while and the way things were going you could tell that the date will get pushed back again, so why are u surprised?

Personal guess. It'll be like the PS3 Home. The only reason I say this is I'm pretty sure Sony copied Nintendo and Microsoft. They are also rushing this out in April.

Reminder: It's possible to play VC games online too. Nintendo said their first focus is getting their Wii games online first. It may take a while but we will have VC online from either Nintendo or hackers in the future. Reggie himself commented on a Super Mario Kart online. He didn't say which version.

Back