Wii Online FAQ

B/G compatible?

Q: What do I need to connect my Wii to the internet?
A: There are several options. You can use either a wireless router (must be B/G compatible),

I have an apple airport and my wii wont connect to it for reasons unknown. I think it might not be "B/G compatible?", but how can i tell?

Last edited:
I need a ? answered How far can the wii be from the usb wierless adaptpter my wii would be rougfly 50 feet away from where i would put it. with walls and other things i feel may interfeare with it. can any one help me??? it would be a preciated much if you did thanks

-Tyler

fly_boy326 said:
I need a ? answered How far can the wii be from the usb wierless adaptpter my wii would be rougfly 50 feet away from where i would put it. with walls and other things i feel may interfeare with it. can any one help me??? it would be a preciated much if you did thanks

-Tyler

it only gets interupted if it has other electrical things or heating things like microwaves, oven refrigerators, etc. in the way and as far as the 50 feet thing, i dont use a usb connector to get online.i jus take it wireless w/o anything but the wii.

I'm not receiving any e-mail from a address book registered user on my Wii unless i'm connected on the opera web browser on my Wii at the time the e-mail was sent. Why is this happening and how do I fix it? Thx

Also I noticed that early yesterday morning I was able to surf the net on the Wii with a great amount of speed but ever since then none of my pages will even load....i'll get the background for each website but that's it. It says my connection tests are successful so I have no idea what's wrong. My router allows me to use the net correctly on all my other computers so you have any ideas?

EDIT: Can't even do a successful connection test now

Last edited:
first of all the opera browser is using wiiconnect24 as its base and u can only use one thing at a time soo if ur using that opera browser then nothing else will drive through the wii. now unless u use wirelesss connection with linksys like i am then u can only do but soo many things at a time with wii connect24. since im using linksys wireless, on opera browser, if i press home then where it says wii menu i notified if i have mail via linksys. and u may want to also check ur setup for online to make sure it has the same setup as ur modem or what eva ur using. as for the "surfing the net" i doubt ur waiting long enough for it to load. u aint gonna get anywhere if u exit out when it stops moving on the loading bar. so if u rnt connected wirelessly with linksys then u should try it b/c it works better like that.

tell ur friend to double check the # and u do the same. and check ur own #s to make sure u gave it out right.

u go to wii message board go to registeration. click the pc icon. type in the email address. once u do that then if its ur email address then u go to hotmail to confirm the registration. if its another persons email address then u tell that person to go to hotmail to confirm the registration.

minismok said:
first of all the opera browser is using wiiconnect24 as its base and u can only use one thing at a time soo if ur using that opera browser then nothing else will drive through the wii. now unless u use wirelesss connection with linksys like i am then u can only do but soo many things at a time with wii connect24. since im using linksys wireless, on opera browser, if i press home then where it says wii menu i notified if i have mail via linksys. and u may want to also check ur setup for online to make sure it has the same setup as ur modem or what eva ur using. as for the "surfing the net" i doubt ur waiting long enough for it to load. u aint gonna get anywhere if u exit out when it stops moving on the loading bar. so if u rnt connected wirelessly with linksys then u should try it b/c it works better like that.

Yes I am using a Linksys router....and I think 12 minutes is enough to wait while using a DSL internet connection for a web page to load. Any other ideas?? And that still doesn't fix the fact that I can't even do a connection test anymore eventho it detects my router is there.

EDIT: Got the browser working and net surfing is amazingly fast again but i'm still not gettting the e-mails sent to my Wii number from my friend's e-mail address which has been registered in the address book. I hit home on the opera browser like you said but it didn't do jack sh!t so I still can't receive Wii e-mails to my system. Help?

Last edited:
well then ur wii has problems or u just didnt set up linksys correctly

wow...very helpful. I musta set up linksys correctly if i'm surfing the net on all my computers through it and am now surfing the web through my Wii...it's just the e-mail system that's screwed up. SOmeone mentioned in another one of my threads that it could be a problem with IE7....also I just had a gut feeling but maybe the Wii has problems receiving e-mails from hotmail addresses

Back