Wii Online officially sucks

bpmsu

WiiChat Member
Nov 24, 2006
Well after jumping through all the hoops of setting up the wireless conection and adjusting the settings on my router, I finally thought I was ready for wii online. Except that I can't get any of the weather, news or shopping channels to work. Not only that, but the "connecting" time is rediculous. I don't have a slow router but the wii takes forever to even connect to the internet (if it really is connecting to the internet at all, I can't really tell). So the farthest I've gotten is the enter your my nintendo username and password, after that it just freezes on a window saying connecting please wait. This is where I left it last night and woke up to the same screen this morning. I'm pretty much giving up on this online stuff since I've spent a good 6 or 7 hours trying to figure it out. So anyone esle feel this way or is it just me?

Its just you, it takes like 1 minute to connect online and loadings between screens are all around 7-8 seconds. Weather and News channel aren't even out yet, their coming in December. And perhaps you don't have the shopping channel because you didn't update your system? Got pretty agroed over own doings eh?

I think the servers are really suffering at the moment, that would explain the long waits connecting. Given its barely a week since launch im sure Nintendo are adding to their network and working on it.

Just give it time im sure they'll be able to gauge and better supply the connection demand in good time :)

On launch day when I went to connect to the internet, my Wii found my wireless connection in a matter of seconds, and it only takes me <10 seconds to get connected everytime (to VC). I just can't wait until Opera, Weather, and News. Seems like you've either avoided the updates or have a something wrong with your wireless connection.

just because your too slow at connecting to the internet dosnt mean that
Wii's online sucks!
I havent began doing so yet only because I want Nintendo to clear up the problems that are on it!.....Alright sure there are some porblems but there always is on any system that can go online!!!

It has taken Microsoft years to perfect X-Box live. The wii has only been out for a week. I am sure they will be adding and repairing daily. They want the experience to be fun. So give it time. Enjoy what the Wii has to offer right now and take a chill.

Back