help with signing username and password into settings

alecb

WiiChat Member
Jan 22, 2007
i have verizon dsl, and it is set up in pppoe setting so there is a specific username and password to connect to verizons network and use the internet.

i tried using the wiis wifi, and it would register my routers access point fine, but it wouldnt connect... and i cant find a screen where i can enter the username/password info. on my laptop and desktop, i have to enter the username and password in order to connect to the internet at all.
the error codes ive gotten are 52030 and 52031. the only password screens are for wep, etc... but not for pppoe username/password.

has anyone else had this problem, and are there any solutions?

What router are you using? You shouldn't have to enter user name and password. You router should take care of that.

the router did not come with verizon. its belkin,
and the verizon in the house is only for the dsl modem and pppoe network.
so i have no idea how to put in the verizon password/ username for the wii, it can only find input for the wep, etc. password keys.

after doing some more fooling around, i actually reconfigured my router and fixed the problem. thanks anyway.

PPPoe

domkstaa said:
What router are you using? You shouldn't have to enter user name and password. You router should take care of that.

I have the exact same problem. I have a ADSL modem then My wireless router (buffalo WLA2-g45L) and my computer connects with a password and username to my ISP - the same as a dial up.
I have been through my settings in my Router setup. There is no options in the router setup for internet usernames or passwords.:shocked:

So if my router doesn't connect automatically to the modem with username and password (without pc having to dial up) then my wii will never connect either???? Not even with a USB Lan connection...:nono:

If I'm wrong and there is something I'm missing PLZ let me know - but now I'm out shopping for a new wireless router that will have this function, because it just kills me to think that my Wii has a function available that I cannot use - all about the multi purpose functionality.;)

WLA2-g54L is a wireless bridge and not a router. I don't think that supports PPPoE. If it does it should allow you to configure for PPPoE and you would enter your user and password there.

Back