Wii Outselling PS3 6-1 in Japan....already?

CyanRussel

2062-8990-6509 GET READY!
Mar 19, 2007
In my SSBB kingdom waiting for a challenge
Wii Online Code
3760-9059-7725-6846
Wii outselling PS3 6 to 1 in Japan
by GamePro Staff | 07/02/2007 | 10:12:50 AM PST print comments [ 33 ] digg this! Share on Facebook Nintendo widened its sales gap over Sony last month in Japan with Wii outselling the PS3 by a factor of 6 to 1 according to the country's largest game magazine publisher, Enterbrain.

How long until Wii sales finally stabalize?
The company sold 271K Wiis in June, about 80% of what the game maker sold in the U.S. for the month of May. By comparison, Sony sold 42K PS3s and Microsoft shifted 18K Xbox 360s last month reports Reuters.

"High prices and lack of attractive software titles" were cited for the continued slow sales of Sony's PS3 in the country.

The news marks the largest comparative lead of Wii over the PS3 in Japan to date. The console's gap over the PS3 was 4 to 1 in April and 5 to 1 in May.

Sony was not immediately available for comment

What do guys think is going in the minds of SONY?

I really dont see whats do great about this, you can't compare these too each other, it's like comparing the sales of a Lamborghini to a Ford Mondeo. Who cares about Japan anyway, that makes up a small part of the market for Sony, Sony isnt doing as bad as that in America and Europe, Ps3 is selling very well in Europe.

japan = dunno how many billion people

now
imagine for every one person owing a PS3 theres 6 With Wii's thats quite alot
considering how many billion peeps there are (yes i know not all the people have wiis)

---Brian--- said:
I really dont see whats do great about this, you can't compare these too each other, it's like comparing the sales of a Lamborghini to a Ford Mondeo. Who cares about Japan anyway, that makes up a small part of the market for Sony, Sony isnt doing as bad as that in America and Europe, Ps3 is selling very well in Europe.
:lol:
Cite your source. PS3 is not selling well in ANY country including Europe.

Nintendo and Sony happen to be Japanese companies which have control over Sony/Nintendo in Europe...

Actually the ps3 is selling well in some country Australia maybe, or Korea.

And BigWilly..Japan has like 100 some million people...not quite "billions"

Back