Wii overheating since Brawl!?

MasterKai

I have many aliases
Feb 27, 2008
Rahway, NJ
Wii Online Code
7990-7908-6210-2287
Ever since I got Brawl Sat. night my Wii has been heating up rapidly. Also when I play Brawl it heats up to the point where it turns off by itself. I can keep it cool by putting my window fan by it so I'm thinking of buying the Wii USB Fan but I wanted to make sure it wasn't a problem that needed to be fixed by Nintendo. Also has anyone else had a problem like this since Brawl? My cousin said it could be because Brawl has so much content, I LOLed but I think it's true now.

No problems here, yet...
I did notice that the 'disc read' sound happens A LOT though, even when nothing seems to be happening in the game, the Wii sounds like it's working it's ass off.
May have something to do with it?

my wii too makes a lot of sound when playing brawl...

The sound of the Wii reading the disc definitely is louder than any other game I have ever played. I expected to hear it during the (slow) loading screens, but not in the middle of the game itself.

its good to hear its normal though....

I'm not hearing anything during play and my wii isn't running hot at all...

MasterKai said:
Ever since I got Brawl Sat. night my Wii has been heating up rapidly. Also when I play Brawl it heats up to the point where it turns off by itself. I can keep it cool by putting my window fan by it so I'm thinking of buying the Wii USB Fan but I wanted to make sure it wasn't a problem that needed to be fixed by Nintendo. Also has anyone else had a problem like this since Brawl? My cousin said it could be because Brawl has so much content, I LOLed but I think it's true now.

As long as you have adequate ventilation around your Wii, it should not overheat no matter what it's doing. Sounds like your Wii is starting to fail.

Yesterday my Wii was running Brawl for ten hours straight and it didn't over heat. A lot of disc reading sound, cause of dual layer I'm guessing, but it didn't shut itself down >.<
Is there space around your Wii for ventilation?

MasterKai said:
Mine too since yesteryday i played brawl since 12 pm to 4 am LOL
And today 9am to 4 30 pm holy **** alot well not staright although i took a breaak for 4 hours all together so idk

the reason the wii sounds like its overworking is because SSBB is one of the only dual-layer disc games for the wii. therefore the wii would be noiser than on a single-layer game

chucknorris013 said:
dual-layer game? please do explain :wtf:
it's just like it sounds. the disc has two layers of data(8.5 GB) as opposed to other games that only have one(4.5 GB)

my wii is running cooler when i'm playing brawl than it does on standby, but making alot of noise

My Wii is on the side of my TV and now that I think about the TV IS blocking the Wii from my window. However my window is usually closed. I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't a technical problem. So do you guys think that if I move my Wii to the other side (also closer to my window) this problem will be solved.

Back