Wii Region Lock - Australia to India

krish.cgp

WiiChat Member
Aug 25, 2011
Hi All

I am Krish from India and I am now in Aussie land for a short trip. I found the Wii games are priced very good here so thought of taking one for my little one back in India.

I spoke with the Nintendo support here they are not sure of what region is India using and they say if the region is different don't take it there.

Just few clarifications if you can give me...

1. I was told the Wii games here are 'PAL' based. I am not sure what is the 'Region code' of India
2. If I buy the games in Australia will it work in India ?
3. What are the problems I may face ?

Can I buy it here or not... your suggestions and comments please.

Krish

Both India and Australia use the "PAL" region code for their Wii and games, so you should be able to buy Australian games and play them on your Wii. :)

Both India and Australia use the "PAL" region code for their Wii and games, so you should be able to buy Australian games and play them on your Wii. :)

Hi

I am planning to buy the Wii Console from Australia not the games. (sorry for the typo in my earlier post)

So if I buy the console here, as per your comment I should be able to buy games in India and should be able to Play also correct ?
Can you confirm

Thanks for your comment.
Krish

Last edited:
Yes, that is also correct Krish. You can buy the Wii Console from Australia, and then buy Wii Games back in India, and have them work perfectly. =)

Back