Wii Remote Plus + Energizer Induction Kit = Success?

Tearitup

Stalkin Your Mom
Jan 5, 2011
NC, USA
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
So I am planning to order a limited edition red Wii on Friday. With it a Wii Remote Plus comes, which is basically the Wii Remote with the Wii Motion Plus module factory built-in. I am also ordering another Wii Remote Plus for my fiance and I to play games together.

My question is, will these controllers work with the Energizer Power and Play Induction system? I ask this because the induction system comes with 2 battery packs and covers originally intended for the original Wii remotes. Do the original Wii Remotes and the new Wii Remote Pluses have different battery compartments and covers?

Does anyone have any experience with this issue? Any advice is appreciated. If it does not work I will sell it to my sister or just take it back to Wal-Mart.

I personally don´t know, but I´m pretty sure It is the same compartment, and the batteries of the Kit you mention should work although I prefer to stick with the old and classic Rechargeable batteries, mostly cause I can use them for everything else.

I personally don´t know, but I´m pretty sure It is the same compartment, and the batteries of the Kit you mention should work although I prefer to stick with the old and classic Rechargeable batteries, mostly cause I can use them for everything else.

Actually, from what I have seen in a couple of Youtube videos, the AA batteries can me detached from the pack they are fastened to. So I suppose you could use the pack to charge them out of a Wii Remote and then use them with other devices.

o_O Awesome, thanks for the info, sorry I couldn't help you though.

No problem. I cannot seem to find any information on it. Are the new Wii Remote Plus controllers just THAT new?

I have the Red Wii, with the motion plus. Just been comparing it to an original non-motion plus and they are identical

I have the Red Wii, with the motion plus. Just been comparing it to an original non-motion plus and they are identical

So the battery compartments and covers are identical? Can you literally take the cover from the regular Wii Remote and use it on the Wii Remote Plus?

Also, is the compartment where the batteries are held the same from remote to remote?

I am hopeful, because this induction charger is just what I need.

I really appreciate your help. If you could take a picture of both controllers (the back with the covers off), I am sure that would be a big help to many people including myself.

Thanks!

Will have a quick try of the covers on each one, and post back. Will get a pic too.

The Red motion plus back cover fits a non motion plus, and the black non motion plus back fits the red controller. :D Will try and get a pic for you now :D

The two back plates being interchangeable is a good sign. Keep me posted - I appreciate it! :mushroomlife:

The batttery covers are interchangeable.

I bought a rechargeable battery pack from Argos (here in the UK) for a friend, and used one on a Wiimote Plus and one on a standard Wiimote. They come with replacement battery covers, as that is how the charging connections are made.

For anyone that is interested, the Wii Remote Plus works perfectly with the Energizer Induction Charge Kit. I just received my Wii today and it is sweet!

Wii MotionPlus was released back in June, but Nintendo did not have any first-party games available at the time to show off the new technology.

Back