WII REMOTE - Sensors dont seem to be working

Lethrneck4

WiiChat Member
Mar 1, 2007
i was bowling yesterday when my wii remotes sensor controls just stopped...all the buttons work on the remote, its got new batteries and the sensor bar is plugged in. ive tried resynching to no avail. my Mii wont swing in tennis or baseball now, or just work at all. i also notice my hand cursor now has trails that follow it, especially noticable on the Wii SPorts title screen and game selection screen. the hand cursor still works on all menus. troublshooting at nintendos site led to no answer. anyone else encounter this problem?

i also have a second remote id like to use since its new, but i cant assign it as my primary remote (the remote that isnt working came with the Wii). thanks for any help

Last edited:
I have the exact same problem which happened yesterday. It seems to have happened when I plugged in the internet updated the system and downloaded super mario world and plugged in the classic controller.

as far as using the new remote as player one, if you start a game then the remote you pressed play with will sync as first player, in my experience anyway

Themadnun said:
as far as using the new remote as player one, if you start a game then the remote you pressed play with will sync as first player, in my experience anyway

thats what i do when i want to switch around the order of my remotes ;)

i have the same problem. the hand shows up and works fine, but when i play tennis or anything that requires movment nothing happens. 1 of the controllers works fine but the other dosn't. so whst can i do

Join the whole Mii Wii club... My Wii remote did the same thing :O

In boxing it just doesn't recognise the punches sometimes no matter how hard i swing...

But tennis, bowling and baseball are Fine!

I've also noticed this in Zelda: TP, and the worst was the speaker in the remote didn't work, so i resynced, it and was fine after that.

same! it heppened to me yesterday, but my sensor bar was just a fraction out of the port.

I have a wiimote and at the menu screen it works fine and all the buttons are good as well but when I play wii sports when i hit a ball in tennis or baseball it doesnt do anything, it happens in bowling and all other games. can you please help??:cryin: :cryin: :cryin:

glad to hear im not alone in this problem, i still havent found an answer, gonna send in a repair order with nintendo, i got my second remote to work as the primary, but only after i took the batteries out of the original one

When that happens to me I just pull the sensor plug out and plug it back in, then turn the Wii system off.

BiZZaRe said:
In boxing it just doesn't recognise the punches sometimes no matter how hard i swing...

The way to play Boxing is to flick the Wiimote forwards and to do the side ones flick it in a diagonal direction :)

Like don't move the Wiimote Forwards just flick it like a drum stick

Hi All,
Please check this message.
wiimote-not-working-during-playing-games

I had this same problem and called tech support. They suggested me to keep the remote face down, i.e buttons facing down on the palm, on one of my palm and bang on the remote with the other palm. He said basically the sensing unit in the remote has clogged and hitting it like this unclogs it or releases it.

Thanks

My friend that I bought my Wii from had to send the original Wiimote back to Nintendo cause it would not work. Now I am having similar problems with both of my Wiimotes

I would have a random shut off of wii motes, where all three of them would stop suddenly, and the blue lights on the bottom would blink rapidly when I would try to use them. I started getting this lovely mess after I did a system update after I went online. What I had to do was unplug the wii unit, wait a few seconds, plug back in, and voila! my wii motes all worked again. I think mine is a software update issue.

Back