* Wii S-video Problems Tv Type Help *

BEPPE786

WiiChat Member
Jun 15, 2007
i bought an s-video cable.. in fact i bought two and they dont work.. i get fussy image.. i have tired changing the wii tv type to 50hz and 60hz no difference...

first i thought it was my TV.. even tired it on another Tv same thing??

has anyone got one too work?

i have a projector and i have my sky box and every running throu s-video... no problem

cant get the wii too work through it.. anyone else had this problem?? or have a solution?

Sorry but the SVideo cable does not work on European consoles, they have RGB instead. Seems strange I know! And I know people on ebay are selling them but Ebuyer are too!

thanks i was going mad.. thinking i was doing something wrong..

how could i get a better image, im using a projector which has s-video and also VGA imputs.. could i get a cable and input it throu the VGA?

is the are RGB to VGA convertor?

thanks

Last edited:
There will be converters from rgb to svideo and vga available i should imagine, they might not be cheap though! It's a shame your projector does not have component inputs, that would give you the best picture using the Wii component cable.

a componet cable is 3 colour input right??

i have a VGA to aux cable with has 5 colours? Grey black blue green red

if i bought a componet cable and connected it throu my aux to vga would that work? what about the extra 2 colours?

Sorry i have no idea, component is 3 cables - R,G and B. I have no idea what the other two are for, they might be control signals of some sort for the VGA. You could try it but it might not work, i wonder if anyone else can help?

CZMQFRG said:
the other two are left and right speakers

Should they not be red and white?

And if it's VGA why would it have sound? VGA does not carry sound.

Last edited:
there not sound... sound isnt a problem i connect straight too my surround amp.. but those extra black and grey is colours definatly..

Be very careful. Do not mix up RGB with component video. They are different standard. RGB signal can be pass through VGA port with adapter cable, while component input may require a transcoder unless your projector/monitor support component input. Some projectors do but not with most monitors. The plugs on component output are colored red, green, and blue which make people confused with RGB signal. An RGB-VGA adapter cable is much cheaper than a component-VGA transcoder.
Some European Wii seems to support S-video. Sometimes, the problem is with the S-video cable itself. I got one from GameStop that the shield of the plug is too long and does not work well when I plug into a switch box but on my projector.

ive done it.. bought a componet cable and connected too the vga rgb input on the projector... picture is very clear.. cant believe it

the five colours on the VGA cable black and Grey are used for other signals so didnt use them..

Thanks for all your help

Looks like your best bet might be RGB scart to VGA then, sound like it's a lot easier and cheaper than component to VGA.

Edit - it seems you've cracked it - nice one!

Last edited:
Component output to a projector is the best combination (and the best quality) you can get from a Wii. :yesnod:

BEPPE786 said:
ive done it.. bought a componet cable and connected too the vga rgb input on the projector... picture is very clear.. cant believe it

the five colours on the VGA cable black and Grey are used for other signals so didnt use them..

Thanks for all your help

SHENANIGANS! Component and RGB are not the same thing. Way to mislead other forum members :wtf:

I've tried to state it clear the difference between RGB and component, but it seems he still did not get it. :lol:

Back