Wii Sd card Error

scottc108

WiiChat Member
Mar 10, 2007
Hi,

I am trying my 2nd SD card in my wii and am getting the same message I had with the 1st... "the device inserted in the SD card slot can't be used"

1st card was a Lexar 1G SD card (had trouble seeing it on my palm pilot and PC . Tried to format it Format failed.

Bought new SD card. 2GB Rocketfish SD Card off e-bay. Opened Package seems like a return.

Neither Card is working.:cryin:

Did an Update (as per the nintendo support recommendation) currently wii v2.0 is running on my system.

The 2nd (Rocketfish) card seems OK on my palm Pilot. PC gave a format failed error when I tried to format it there.

I'm thinking I now have 2 dead SD Cards, but wanted to run it by a few other to see if anyone had any other ideas before I return the 2nd card and buy a 3rd...

Any advice greatly appreciated....I've now put 6 hrs into this just so my kids can save their Pokemon games:mad:

Vendor has just suggested wii is not compatible with Highspeed SD cards....comments?

NEW INFO!!!!

The el cheapo "Standard Speed" SD Card I just bought, worked perfectly. The High Speed (166x) SD Card was the problem. Seems the Wii is not capable of working with the High Speed SD Cards. No One mentions this in any literature or forum that I've found.

Also worth noting: If you have an older gamecube game and wish to save your place in that game you must also have a Gamecube Memory Card. It will not save to the SD Card....and is not clearly explained that way in the manual.

Hopes this helps.

haha i dont think there are such things as HIGH SPEED sd cards, they all go at about the same rate... i think he was just thinking up a good excuse as to why you got a busted card

Back