SD card problem...BIG PROBLEM.

Tjharwin

Resident Evil Fan
Dec 27, 2006
Cambridgeshire, UK
Wii Online Code
1411-7270-4122-1402
I recently puchased a Toshiba 2GB SD card from www.picstop.com or whatever the site is. I had to send it back as when I put it in my PC it only showed as a 1GB.

My new one arrived yesterday and it showed up as 2GB on the PC, so I uploaded some songs and photos to try out on my Wii. I put it in my Wii and it told me the SD card was corrupted and needed formatting. So I put it in my PC, it said it needed formatting so I did so, and now it's showing up as a 1GB again.

I've tried nearly everything. I reformatted it into FAT, FAT 32, and I can't change the size of it. Please can someone help me, and has anyone else experienced this?

return it for full refund and go to another site and buy it from there like newegg.com or tigerdirect.com .. reformatting shouldnt even lose that much space when i reformat my 2gig i get 1975 space left ..maybe your card is a fake..get a sandisk one ..ive read some where that you can spot fake ones try and google it or check ebay .. ive read it on there on how to spot a fake memory card but i think its for sony and sandisk

Lol Jimbo, it's back to normal now. However the transfer rates are EXTREMELY slow. We're talking about 10 minutes to transfer 10 songs onto it.

I'm buying one of them "Wii Sandisk" ones. By the way, I can only return it for another, not refunds for money.

update the drivers for your card reader if it's built into your computer. I had the same problem with my 2GB card and updating the drivers fixed it right up.

Back